Looking for Flip Flop D Prescaler

KKRS_

Joined Oct 26, 2023
Hi guys,
i need to halve a digital signal to 50KHZ. I'm looking for a sigle/dual D type flip flop in SMD/THT format that i can use as a prescaler that has both Q' output negated.
Can someone help me with this?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
what do you mean by "Q' negated"???? Certainly there are triggered flipflops that will provide both "Q" and the complement, if that is what you are seeking. CD4013, available in a number of different package sizes.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
By Q' negated I mean the inverted output.
Two negatives make a positive.
Q' negated results in Q.

What you meant to say, I want a flip-flop with both Q and Q negated, i.e. Q and Q'.
Most flip-flops come with what you request.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
First of all, thank you all :
@dl324 voltage level is 5V.
@MisterBill2 By Q' negated I mean the inverted output..
@Papabravo 74LVC1G74 can be powered with 5VCC?
Read the datasheet and all will be revealed.
AFAIK you can use any VCC voltage from 1.65 Volts to 5.5 Volts. Additionally, when you have a low value of VCC, all of the inputs are tolerant of higher voltage levels. for example, if VCC is 3.3 Volts, the inputs can handle +5 Volts.

1701455303010.png

Hi there,

If you're searching for a single/dual D-type flip flop in either SMD or THT format for halving a digital signal to 50KHZ, you might want to check out Partstack. It's a dynamic marketplace that offers a wide array of latches & flip-flops. On Partstack, you can explore and compare various options, access datasheets, and find distributors providing high-quality components. Whether you're working on memory storage, digital circuitry, or specialized projects, Partstack provides a platform to discover latches & flip-flops that ensure stable data retention and optimal performance.

Join a community of informed buyers and source components that embody precision and innovation. Your journey to dependable data handling starts here – explore latches & flip-flops on Partstack today.

Best of luck with your project!

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
There are big differences in the inputs of the different devices, which can be a problem in some instances.The CD4013 has HIGH true set and reset, while the 7474 series requires LOW true set and reset. For some, the trigger is rising edge trigger to change state while for some others it is falling edge. With "J K" inputs it can also be different states of the inputs required.
So while simple frequency dividing is the application, there are differences that can require consideration for the rest of the application.