Looking for electronics teacher/mentor ..#2

vijendra1877

Joined Mar 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

I've always wanted to know how to learn electronics with a hands on approach. I graduated with an electrical engineering degree about 10 years ago and never worked in industry. We studied very little hands on practical electronics - mostly math and theory. I have plenty of books from college and tech school already. I know what is basically covered in each course and even if I retook all of these courses over again, I still wouldn't be able to troubleshoot and design electronics with only this knowledge.

My question is: Does anyone know of an electronics mentor/tutor/designer in the NJ area that I could gladly pay to help teach me (first analog and then digital)electronics along with doing some self study just to get a jump start on it. I work full time and don't have hours and hours to experiment doing the wrong things when an experienced person could steer me onto the right track and clear up problems that I may have much quicker and efficiently.

Thanks,

John
Myself Vijendra dattatre Jois would like to Study Mtech Program From Bits Pilani So I need a Mentor to complete the Study, Sincerely Thanks

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
The journey of learning electronics is a very long one.
If you do not have the passion to spend endless hours building and tinkering with things, it's unlikely that any amount of book reading, school, or mentoring will help.

As a mentor myself, I find that students that engage solely with the idea of "learning electronics" soon stall, but those that focus on achieving other goals USING electronics learn faster and tend to become competent.

If you have to ask "what project should I build" you have already failed.

oramics

Joined Nov 3, 2020
Hi John.

Maybe tell us what type of electronics projects you'd be interested in making then some suggestions for a starting point can happen. I have no EE experience and very little mathematics understanding, I simply got things very wrong for a few years until I'd stuck with forums enough to be pointed in the right direction. I'd started out with buying lots of books, which work great as reference books now, but found forums lots more helpful as people were patient whilst I'd built up my understanding of the terminology needed to progress.

O

vijendra1877

Joined Mar 29, 2020
Myself Vijendra Dattatre Jois would like to Study Mtech Program from Bits Pilani Rajasthan INDIA, So I need a Mentor To complete the Study. Mentor Should be BE/BTECH/ME/ from the organisation having discipline in Electroics
Please Help,

Sincerely thanks,
Vijendra

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Myself Vijendra Dattatre Jois would like to Study Mtech Program from Bits Pilani Rajasthan INDIA, So I need a Mentor To complete the Study. Mentor Should be BE/BTECH/ME/ from the organisation having discipline in Electroics
Please Help,

Sincerely thanks,
Vijendra
BITS Pilani appears to be a well-respected university in India (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birla_Institute_of_Technology_and_Science,_Pilani). Aren't there plenty of instructors there?

Are you really asking to hire someone to "help" you on the homework?