looking for electric circuit simulator ?

LETITROLL

Joined Oct 9, 2013
Hello everybdy here .

I am trying to find a program that simulates electric circuits and not electronic circuits , mainly using phase relays , water level relays , timers , contactors i mean the kind of material you find in electric control panels

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
There is Boolean/ladder logic as used in PLC controls, this is one of the closest I can think of that replicates the relay etc control logic, many systems also have a simulation program to avoid actually using the PLC for debugging.
There is also the small Smart Relay, a form of min. PLC made by a few manuf, that run in similar logic.
Max.

LETITROLL

Joined Oct 9, 2013
Just found a nice program called rsx 500 , i will try to familiarize with it .

Sincerly appreciating your previous suggestions btw .

LETITROLL

Joined Oct 9, 2013
Sounds like the Allen-Bradley programming S/W?
Max.
It is , and sorry the correct name is RS logics 500 .

I have just talked to a guy that is working in the automation section of the entreprise mainly PLCs , speed control units and timers .
he said that he directly makes a ladder logic diagram rather than making a grafcet first .

So is it easier to do a ladder diagram without grafcet ?

Last edited:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Depends what you are comfortable with, Although I have the full version of RS logix, I mainly use Mitsubishi PLC's but usually you can flip back and forth between the two programming methods to get a feel for it.
I generally like to program in ladder ,(I'm a 'visual' person!) and used to trouble shooting the old hardwired relay logic systems .
But I wasn't aware the Logix will run simulation without a PLC?
Max.

LETITROLL

Joined Oct 9, 2013
Hi again max

From the video i watched you can simulate some allen bradley PLCs .

I think every manufacturer has its own software , like step 7 microwin from telemecanique .