Looking for Datasheet on early 70s NEC IC

Emptor

Joined Jun 26, 2020
The IC is NEC μPD129c. It is a display controller for some early Casio calculators, including the Casio Mini introduced in August 1972.

A number of other calculators around the same time used the 129c, and they all have fluorescent displays.

Some parts sourcing outlets still have these available, and there are many references to calculators which used it, but there does not seem to be any documentation online.

Any help would be appreciated!

JeffCM-601_IC.jpg

Emptor

Joined Jun 26, 2020
Thanks, Delta Prime. However, the chip I want is a 129C and you found a datasheet for 2819C.

Any chance you also have a datasheet for the 129C?

Emptor

Joined Jun 26, 2020
@Emptor The CASIO MINI also had a model # of CM-102, which may help you.

Are you trying to figure out how to control/power the VFD?
I have one of these (129C) in my collection and I'm trying to acquire a datasheet for everything I have. I've got several hundred ICs from the common to some pretty obscure ones, but the 129C is really hard to research. I have a calculator from Ebay on the way which has the 129, and I will try to infer the pinout from analyzing the circuit traces. Not the same as a data sheet, but better than nothing.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Thanks, Delta Prime. However, the chip I want is a 129C and you found a datasheet for 2819C.

Any chance you also have a datasheet for the 129C?
I've already apologized to you in post number six .
But now I feel even worse.
I am sorry, I could not find your data sheet. Didn't mean to get your hopes up. I wish you well.