Looking for Datasheet for Motorola IC

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by bwilliams60, Jan 27, 2018.

1. bwilliams60

Thread Starter Senior Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Good Evening,

Looking for a datasheet for a Motorola IC Part # SC38G018CE04
    If anyone has this or can point me in the direction, much appreciated. It is out of an Automotive ECM. Thanks in advance.

2. phranzdan

Aug 4, 2017
    You may have a problem tracking this down. In many cases, especially automotive, the customer will request a special test spec designed to meet his needs. The manufacturer will screen product to the customers specification. The product as a special selection receives a number different from the normal number associated with that product line called a "House Number" In most cases, sites such as All Data do not have this information available. Hope this helps.

3. Raymond Genovese

Mar 5, 2016
    I usually like these kinds of puzzles, but I tell you, if @bertus has not found it, it 'aint' looking good.

Naturally, I did what I know you already did - some simple searches. Then I went to archive.org and checked a few data books, but not too thoroughly.

This might be of some help...I backed off a bit on the part number, because sometimes those are coded.

I found this link that *might* suggest that it is a plcc of some kind.

That's all I got :)
    Edited to add: I specifically mean the SC38G018PR01 with the shot-in-the-dark idea that CE04 and PRO1 suffix are a designation of the base part.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    bertus likes this.
  4. bwilliams60

Thread Starter Senior Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Thank you for your replies. Thats kind of what I thought. I was hoping I was wrong but it seems like a lot of automotive electronics comes up with dead ends when it comes to IC's. Frustrating when you are trying to figure out how something works.

5. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    Generally the auto manufacturer doesn't want you to know how it works. :rolleyes: