Looking for component substitution of discontinued/unknown parts

PeteS

Joined Mar 19, 2017
Hi, I've been looking for a couple of parts that seem to be discontinued and I'n not sure for how long. I found an old opensource project I'm trying to recreate but several of the parts I can't come up with replacements for, honestly I'm not an engineer so I haven't the fantasist clue what I'd need to do to make something else work in it's place. I can build it if I've got all the parts but designing from scratch or modifying the design is out of my capabilities.

Part Number / Package (comments about part on data sheet)

YG202M-Bluetooth / 8P-1.524-27X15-W-ANT-FRAME (Bluetooth module)

Audio-connector344003001 / 6P-SMD-3.5-NEW (

SK-22D03H-VG4 / 6P-2CH-8.8X7.0X4.7H-90D (Some type of switch?)

DNP / TP_3535 (-3V3,3V3,DTR,PRX,PTX,U5V,UGND,1V2)

8MHz050028001 / XTAL_3X2

JST-2P-SMD-2.0mm / JST-SMD-2.0-90D (Bat)

The board file also has some packages that are not recognized.

SOT-23A-6

MLF32X

SOT23@2

2X3P-2.0

4P-2.0

SOT23@1

XTAL_3X2

MICRO-USB-5P

I plan to have the board made by easyeda since that's where the files already are and the pcb already has the trace routes calculated. When this was being produced it retailed for 39 bucks, if I could buy it today I'd gladly give double that for it but after exhausting my options I've decided I'll have to build it myself if I really want this. Any help I could get finding replacement parts would be appreciated. If the parts listed make no sense I do have the full schematic of the electrical components and the connections.

If someone was really motivated I'd be happy to toss a few bucks their way if they could fix the part sizes/packages that easyeda doesn't recognize. I could PM you all the info you'd need if someone was interested in doing that.

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I think anyone that might help you needs to see that schematic. Sometimes parts have a very specific role and must be carefully selected, and other times they could be very 'generic'. Only the schematic can give this context. A circuit description helps also.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hi, I've been looking for a couple of parts that seem to be discontinued and I'n not sure for how long. I found an old opensource project I'm trying to recreate but several of the parts I can't come up with replacements for, honestly I'm not an engineer so I haven't the fantasist clue what I'd need to do to make something else work in it's place. I can build it if I've got all the parts but designing from scratch or modifying the design is out of my capabilities.

Part Number / Package (comments about part on data sheet)

YG202M-Bluetooth / 8P-1.524-27X15-W-ANT-FRAME (Bluetooth module)

Audio-connector344003001 / 6P-SMD-3.5-NEW (

SK-22D03H-VG4 / 6P-2CH-8.8X7.0X4.7H-90D (Some type of switch?)

DNP / TP_3535 (-3V3,3V3,DTR,PRX,PTX,U5V,UGND,1V2)

8MHz050028001 / XTAL_3X2

JST-2P-SMD-2.0mm / JST-SMD-2.0-90D (Bat)

The board file also has some packages that are not recognized.

SOT-23A-6

MLF32X

SOT23@2

2X3P-2.0

4P-2.0

SOT23@1

XTAL_3X2

MICRO-USB-5P

I plan to have the board made by easyeda since that's where the files already are and the pcb already has the trace routes calculated. When this was being produced it retailed for 39 bucks, if I could buy it today I'd gladly give double that for it but after exhausting my options I've decided I'll have to build it myself if I really want this. Any help I could get finding replacement parts would be appreciated. If the parts listed make no sense I do have the full schematic of the electrical components and the connections.

If someone was really motivated I'd be happy to toss a few bucks their way if they could fix the part sizes/packages that easyeda doesn't recognize. I could PM you all the info you'd need if someone was interested in doing that.

In the text document, there are a bunch of resistors and capacitors listed as 0402 package size. How good are you at soldering? Here us the size of the piece of fly shit you'll have to solder to the board. They didn't specify because the metric 0402 is much smaller than the already-small inch-sized part. Here is a graphic for you...

Note that my image is showing up at about 2x actual size. Measure the 1x1 cm square to scale appropriately.

image.png

PeteS

Joined Mar 19, 2017
In the text document, there are a bunch of resistors and capacitors listed as 0402 package size. How good are you at soldering? Here us the size of the piece of fly shit you'll have to solder to the board. They didn't specify because the metric 0402 is much smaller than the already-small inch-sized part. Here is a graphic for you...

Note that my image is showing up at about 2x actual size. Measure the 1x1 cm square to scale appropriately.

View attachment 122838
I actually don't care how small the stuff is, if larger parts can be substituted and the board can be reworked I'd be thrilled. I'm after functionality not the smallest size possible. I have a SMD rework station and have worked with chips in the SOP44 package before( .050 pin spacing) on multi layer boards although I've probably burned as many chips as I've successfully soldered. I've only ever gotten 1 or 2 of the sop44 chips off with out damage but can usually get new ones on after 1 or 2 mishaps. I've never had to do smd resistor's before, how much harder would they be then the sop package chips?

If I could do this with through hole I'd be in heaven but I don't even know where I'd start trying to switch every thing over.

Here's the complete parts list I have for this. Sorry for the Zip's the site won't let me upload the actual file formats.

Attachments

PeteS

Joined Mar 19, 2017
I think anyone that might help you needs to see that schematic. Sometimes parts have a very specific role and must be carefully selected, and other times they could be very 'generic'. Only the schematic can give this context. A circuit description helps also.
This is about as close to circuit description as I can give you. It's an arduino based multi meter that links to a cellphone.

https://www.seeedstudio.com/Bluetooth-Multimeter-p-1535.html

http://wiki.seeed.cc/Bluetooth_Multimeter/