Looking for Callaborator on Simple Electronics Project

MartinG2019

Joined May 10, 2019
Hi,
I have just now joined this website and have only an extremely basic knowledge of electronics so I ask for a little tolerance if my question is not in the right place :)

I have an idea for a device which combines existing technologies / devices that I believe would be successful in the marketplace.

I am looking for someone who could program & design the device so we could find a manufacturer and bring it to market or possibly sell the design itself.

It is a very simple and I would imagine could be created by someone who had even a hobby level of skill in electronics and programming particularly voice recognition.

I am prepared to pay for any materials and whatever is needed to get a working prototype completed. I would appreciate any suggestions or replies from anyone here that may be interested.

cheers

MartinG2019

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Sorry, we don't do simple projects, only difficult projects need apply here. Just kidding.

Hopefully someone will come along and investigate your project further via PM.

Good luck on your project.

MartinG2019

Joined May 10, 2019
Thanks MrChips :) I must admit I started reading some threads on this forum and my head is spinning. I was really thinking my post was a bit beneath the standard here but your welcome note allayed that thought. Much appreciated.
Cheers

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I recommend breaking your project into pieces small enough that you don't giving away your combined idea. There's virtually zero chance of a hobbyist coming up with a novel circuit or electrical function idea, and you risk nothing by discussing things here at the electronics level. We don't need to know about how you plan to integrate the pieces into something novel on the market.

The benefit of this approach is that folks here can give you plenty of help for free. Very few here would be wiling to take any risk on the success of your project, though, and if you have to pay for someone's time, it adds up very quickly.

MartinG2019

Joined May 10, 2019
Hi Wayne, thanks for your advice :)

I guess what I want to do is more simple than I thought as it has only one part really being a voice recognition module that outputs a digital signal to drive an LED sign.

I purchased a $5.00 LED badge on Ebay that can store a number of letters and numerals and then display them in various modes, flashing scrolling etc. You have to input the message manually and I'm thinking it could easily be controlled by voice.

Its my novel application that I believe is marketable, but thinking logically its probably not able to be patented anyway. Would be fun to create one and present to the niche market I have in mind and see where it goes.

Thanks again for your help.

cheers

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Hi Wayne, thanks for your advice :)

I guess what I want to do is more simple than I thought as it has only one part really being a voice recognition module that outputs a digital signal to drive an LED sign.

I purchased a $5.00 LED badge on Ebay that can store a number of letters and numerals and then display them in various modes, flashing scrolling etc. You have to input the message manually and I'm thinking it could easily be controlled by voice.

Its my novel application that I believe is marketable, but thinking logically its probably not able to be patented anyway. Would be fun to create one and present to the niche market I have in mind and see where it goes.

Thanks again for your help.

cheers
How do you program the LED badge?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
If you could program the badge using a smartphone, that would simplify everything else. Voice recognition, done.

MartinG2019

Joined May 10, 2019
Hi Thanks all for replies,

Its an LED screen with a safety-pin at the back. Its plugged into a USB and you write different messages and modes ( flashing, scrolling etc) to display by using a the computer keyboard via a supplied program.

It has a rechargeable battery and on off switch on the device that's all.

I want the unit designed so it either incorporates a microphone or via Bluetooth or WiFi displays voice input. If someone wants to help let me know and I can send one for you to work on.

thanks

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
With today's technology, you want to go wireless, such as Bluetooth, controlled from your smartphone.
That sounds good... but the additional wireless components plus whatever is needed to tie into the existing badge likely (or might) make the badge too unwieldy. As it is, the badge is heavy and clunky. I used to have several in my parts box, courtesy of many conferences I attended.

The on-board battery also is likely not to support a wireless board.

There is a USB port. Why NOT use it?