Looking for a Raspberry Pi engineer to build a prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomeriko

Joined Nov 4, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I hope I’m in the right place!
I am from Los Angeles, California.
I am looking for an engineer/experts in Raspberry Pi, to build a prototype of my idea.
Preferably, someone in California, or not...

Is there anyone in here?

Thank you,
Tomer V.

Mods Note:
Please don't post your Email on forum, it could be bring the Spambot to our forum and your Email account, when you posted the messages, if any member interested in your project then they can contact you via the PM(Private message).

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hello Everyone,
I hope I’m in the right place!
I am from Los Angeles, California.
I am looking for an engineer/experts in Raspberry Pi, to build a prototype of my idea.
Preferably, someone in California, or not...

Is there anyone in here?

Thank you,
Tomer V.
When you say build -- what exactly do you have in mind?

Tomeriko

Joined Nov 4, 2017
The reason I asked is because I can no longer see the surface mount parts to solder them to a board.
Sorry, I am not familiar with these terms...
After discussing my idea with an engineer, he suggested that I will try to find an expert in Raspberry Pi technology.
All I have is an idea to connect to an existing technology. My knowledge is limited on the subject.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Sorry, I am not familiar with these terms...
After discussing my idea with an engineer, he suggested that I will try to find an expert in Raspberry Pi technology.
All I have is an idea to connect to an existing technology. My knowledge is limited on the subject.
Electronic component parts are placed on the "surface" of a printed circuit board and are held there by an alloy of tin, silver, and other metals. This would be like an existing Raspberry Pi board. The components are now too small for me to see, so I can no longer "build" the boards.

Lead-free solders in commercial use may contain tin,copper, silver, bismuth, indium, zinc, antimony, and traces of other metals.

Tomeriko

Joined Nov 4, 2017
Electronic component parts are placed on the "surface" of a printed circuit board and are held there by an alloy of tin, silver, and other metals. This would be like an existing Raspberry Pi board. The components are now too small for me to see, so I can no longer "build" the boards.

Lead-free solders in commercial use may contain tin,copper, silver, bismuth, indium, zinc, antimony, and traces of other metals.
I don’t think I need to “build” a board...
More like using Raspberry Pi technology to interact with a different technology

But thank you for the extended response

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006

Well that's a bit different from what I imagined from reading your original post. What is it you want to do with "Raspberry Pi" technology, and what is it supposed to interact with?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

There is nothing special about Raspberry Pi technology, it's actually getting long in the tooth when compared to the latest and greatest SoC compute devices. I'm pretty familiar with most of the low-level I/O details of the board interfaces, it's just a version of the ARM SoC with a somewhat custom GPU. What's going for it is large community support and enough documentation to bit fiddle the raw hardware.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
See what I replied to AlberHall
I think you would be better served by discussing this in the open forum since it provides a contemporary history of the development of the idea and may prevent you from going down a rabbit hole, but you do what you think is best.

Tomeriko

Joined Nov 4, 2017
I think you would be better served by discussing this in the open forum since it provides a contemporary history of the development of the idea and may prevent you from going down a rabbit hole, but you do what you think is best.
I understand your point, but the discussion you offered would help me if I were to develop it on my own, and encountered a developer problem.

As for me, I am an entrepreneur willing to pay an expert to research and develop my idea.

If there are any here, PM me.
Thank to all of you taking your time to reply

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I understand your point, but the discussion you offered would help me if I were to develop it on my own, and encountered a developer problem.

As for me, I am an entrepreneur willing to pay an expert to research and develop my idea.

If there are any here, PM me.
Thank to all of you taking your time to reply
Unfortunately most entrepreneurs in your situation lack the resources to fund even a modest development in exchange for equity; never mind actually getting paid what we are worth. You guys a worth a dime a bale in ten bale lots.

Tomeriko

Joined Nov 4, 2017
Unfortunately most entrepreneurs in your situation lack the resources to fund even a modest development in exchange for equity; never mind actually getting paid what we are worth. You guys a worth a dime a bale in ten bale lots.
I’m guessing you had a bad experience with someone who promised you something, and screwed you over!
You have no clue what are my resources and what I offer. You probably consider yourself more than you actually worth, with that kind of an attitude. Good luck with your retirement.
I don’t think this forum have the knowledge or capabilities to create what I want.
I’ll go find it somewhere else.

Thank you all!
Consider this thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.