Looking for a close fitting connector, or a different approach

uiodsakljfdsarewre

Joined Jan 19, 2024
I've got an Arduino UNO Wifi Rev 4 and a shield. There are two issues, one is the flush clipping I need to do to get the shield to lay flat. The other is the 3-pin header to the right of the power connector - I don't know what connector will fit, especially after the shield is a bit lower. The pins are power-off, plus/minus power for the RTC, if that matters.

My other options are A) carefully bend the three pins out to use a typical connector, B) remove the header and replace it with a low profile connector, or C) something worse, like wire wrapping.

Any advice?

ArdUnoWR4.png

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, now I see that it is the add-on board that does not sit straight.What is it hitting that keeps it from sitting even?
AND, please be aware that "shield", to everybody else, in electrical terms, means a conductive screen to stop electrical fields from reaching the shielded conductors. Why the aeduino group decided to call an add-on PCB a shield has never been explained in a way that makes sense.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You can bend the three pins and turn it into a right angle header.

(I disliked it when they used the terms “sketch” and ”shield”. Maybe it was something to do with the translation from Italian.)

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
You can bend the three pins and turn it into a right angle header.

(I disliked it when they used the terms “sketch” and ”shield”. Maybe it was something to do with the translation from Italian.)
The Arduino was originally developed for the art world. The choice of sketch should seem obvious with that piece of information.