Looking for a 12 volt on'off Relay

dtarpin

Joined Feb 18, 2020
Hello,

I am looking for a relay that would receive 12 volts and distribute it for 3-5 seconds then shut off for 3-5 seconds and then repeat. The project is an alarm with an old fashioned air siren. the relay would allow it to turn on and off repeatedly until power is disconnected from relay. Thanks in advance for your help.

dtarpin

Joined Feb 18, 2020
Hi Max,

I am looking for something more complete, two terminal input (leads) and two terminal output. I wouldn't know how to wire up the 556ic. Thanks for your help.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
SquareD makes all kinds of Octal Base relays that do fancy things. You might find something in their line. If cost is an issue then a 555 timer circuit with a signal relay. Kinda hard to guess without some solid details.

dtarpin

Joined Feb 18, 2020
I would use an automotive flasher relay but the on/off cycles are too short. Need to be 3-5 second intervals. Thanks Sam.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I would use an automotive flasher relay but the on/off cycles are too short. Need to be 3-5 second intervals. Thanks Sam.
I am not sure of current technology for the current ones..
But if you obtained one of the Older thermal versions, lowering the voltage by experiment may work.
Max.