Long reach switch

Lesliev

Joined Jan 13, 2021
I have been searching all the online electronics suppliers (Digi-Key, Mouser, RSComponents and quite a few other smaller organisations) trying to find a switch similar to the one shown in the attached image. The config shown is DPST (On-On) but it could as easily be SPST (ON-OFF) for my purposes as I will only use it to enable a breakout board so only use 2 poles. So far I have struck out but am hoping that someone on the Forum may have come across the switch or something similar or seen it somewhere and can hopefully give me some ideas where I might look. The unit it came from was an LED night light for a child's room so may have been made in such quantity that the switch was specially comissioned for the design but i am obviously hoping that is not the case.
Hope some one can advise

Attachments

Lesliev

Joined Jan 13, 2021
Thank you, they certainly offer a stand off option so certainly worth chasing up. What I am after however is a switch that has the 15mm stand off legs showing on the sides of the switch in the image I uploaded so I can mount the switch off the PCB and have it rigid enough to withstand the switching process. I have found on another switch I have that without the side supports the switch flexes the pin connectors when it is switched. And as this switch is mounted behind a panel with just the actuator sticking thtough it just doesnt feel right when used. Also very small space so I cant use a panel mount switch.
I appreciate your response.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Check out AliExpress.com. What is shown is just one typical item with pages of various ones for sale. Most of those parts are either copied from a standard design or original cheap products from china. Cheap price, decent hardware, long delivery. Straight outta china...

Lesliev

Joined Jan 13, 2021
Thank you again, after I saw your previous post I did check out Aliex[press and found what looks like the exact same swith although finding the specs for it was impossible so I just bought it and will see what I end up. I have used Aliexpress previously but didnt check them out for this switch which was silly of me however I do also find there search process very difficult and time consuming with no useable filters available so I just scrolled through about 30 pages of switches and found the switch I wanted...at least I think I have. I am in Australia so delivery is about 15-20 days thay say??
Again thanks for the help and direction

I would fabricate the "extension" of the terminals and the frame. They are all solderable.
I had considered that but this is a prototype and if we like we will build a few of them and so I wanted to use something that could be put on a pcb and was repeatable without the labour. I do have one version working with just the terminals soldered in but again just not quite right for the job.
Thank you for your response