Long nose cutter

GreyWing

Joined May 25, 2017
Hi all.new member over here.i am looking for a tool but i dont even know if it exists.i am looking for a long nose cutter. that is like a long nose pliers but instead of a gripping surface at the end i want cutters ideally flush cutters

i will apreciate if somebody can point me in the right direction... again if such a thing exists

Thx

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Hi all.new member over here.i am looking for a tool but i dont even know if it exists.i am looking for a long nose cutter. that is like a long nose pliers but instead of a gripping surface at the end i want cutters ideally flush cutters

i will apreciate if somebody can point me in the right direction... again if such a thing exists

Thx
The design will depend on what you want to cut.

To me a common hose cutter fits that description but they don't make dead flush cuts on one side.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
it may not exist. It's hard enough to keep the blades of an ordinary flush cutter coming together nicely, when they only extend a few mm from the pivot point. Now you want to extend that distance away from the pivot, it is going to require more bulk of metal to keep from flexing, and then you are left with traditional sidecutters:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I can imagine what you want but a cutter has to apply a lot of force. Side nippers give you a mechanical advantage of maybe 10 or 20 to 1. Extend the nose and you are changing the leverage to maybe 2 or 3 to one. All that force has to be carried in the length from the pivot to the blades, and that gets bulky. Basically, what strantor said.