Hello,
I have an assignment due this weekend to develop a logic table for an elevator meeting these specifications:
1. The elevator serves three floors
2. Someone on the elevator can press which floor they want to go to
3. Someone on a floor can press the up or down button to summon the elevator.
4. There's an interlock system which prevents the elevator from moving if the door is open.
Does this table make any sense, or am I barking up the wrong tree here? I have inputs for the floor(fl), buttons in the elevator(b), call buttons on the floors up/down(u&d) and an output of door open(o). I have no idea how to incorporate the interlock system.
fl b u d o
2 2 0 0 1
2 1 0 1 0
2 0 0 1 0
1 2 1 0 0
1 1 0 0 1
1 0 0 1 0
0 2 1 0 0
0 1 1 0 0
0 0 0 0 1
I know there are other threads in the forum about this subject, and I have read some of them, but I'd like to understand the assignment, not just copy from another thread. Any help at all would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom
I have an assignment due this weekend to develop a logic table for an elevator meeting these specifications:
1. The elevator serves three floors
2. Someone on the elevator can press which floor they want to go to
3. Someone on a floor can press the up or down button to summon the elevator.
4. There's an interlock system which prevents the elevator from moving if the door is open.
Does this table make any sense, or am I barking up the wrong tree here? I have inputs for the floor(fl), buttons in the elevator(b), call buttons on the floors up/down(u&d) and an output of door open(o). I have no idea how to incorporate the interlock system.
fl b u d o
2 2 0 0 1
2 1 0 1 0
2 0 0 1 0
1 2 1 0 0
1 1 0 0 1
1 0 0 1 0
0 2 1 0 0
0 1 1 0 0
0 0 0 0 1
I know there are other threads in the forum about this subject, and I have read some of them, but I'd like to understand the assignment, not just copy from another thread. Any help at all would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom