LOCKED - Newbie needs help (LED "Flashbang" project)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheerful_Scumbag

Joined Nov 20, 2022
Sorry to revive a long-dead thread. but this is an amazing coincidence. I too am looking at making my own LED flashbang for a project and stumbled upon this thread. I plan to model and 3d print a case with 3 cob led in it and a siren.
I wonder if op finished his flashbang. I would love to see the result.
I have found a video of someone disassembling a flash bomb I would like to base my project on. would a helpful person be able to help me understand how this one works?
the cobs are discontinued and I can't find a datasheet but the Ali express say they are AC 12v COB. dumb question, is the circuit
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000253318441.html converting 11.1v LIPO dc to ac, or is this irrelevant?
Would this circuit be simple to reverse engineer?
would anyone be willing to help me with the schematic? it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Welcome to AAC!

Necroposting, the act of trying to revive a long dead thread is strongly discouraged on AAC. Next time, start a new thread if you wish to discuss an issue. I have approved your necropost. Future necroposts from you will limply be deleted. Next time start a new thread and link to the old thread with a URL.

A thread belongs to the TS (Thread Starter), our staff will actively prevent someone trying to take over your thread until you are done with it. That way any questions you might have will be answered addressed to your needs. Use the report button to draw attention to a situation if you need help.
This post was copied from
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/newbie-needs-help-led-flashbang-project.113907/

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
It is. I was the scoundrel who reported the necropost.
I still don't understand the issue around posting on old threads if, as in this case, the new post is directly addressing the topic, has a parallel or exact same goal or problem and wants feedback from the OP if they are around or willing to re-emerge. The only answer I ever get is, it's the rule. Note however, I didn't ask if it was the e rule, I asked why it's the rule. Cheers.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
"Flash Bang" sounds like the description of a piece of ordinance, which I would not expect to see in this site. Ordinance materials are quite dangerous even when handled correctly.
So what is it, actually, that the old thread was about?? What is the new thread asking about??

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
He is talking about a toy “flash bang grenade.”

I was living in Seattle (worked for the evil empire at the time) when they had the WTO meeting and there were protests in the streets.

The cops were using flash bang grenades to break up the crowd a couple of blocks away from me. I was in my apartment, watching the live news coverage on TV. I saw the flash from outside and, with a short delay saw the the flash and heard the bang on TV. Then, after another short delay, heard the bang from outside. Weird experience of differential signal flight times.

Later, I was out on my balcony, 24’th floor up, watching the cops chase the protesters down my street. Didn’t know tear gas rose, but now I do! Went to the fridge and splashed some milk on my face, which actually worked to neutralize it.

Edited to add: Battle of Seattle flashbang

Last edited:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I still don't understand the issue around posting on old threads if, as in this case, the new post is directly addressing the topic, has a parallel or exact same goal or problem and wants feedback from the OP if they are around or willing to re-emerge. The only answer I ever get is, it's the rule. Note however, I didn't ask if it was the e rule, I asked why it's the rule. Cheers.
Well I don't quite understand why it's the rule since I don't make the rules. Really if something adds to a thread I would think it's fine. However, the rule makers can be fussy if a new question is added to an existing thread. I have seen plenty of threads left alone if good material is added to an old thread which runs with the thread topic. Mine is not to question why. I guess you could question moderation and cite this thread as an example. This would be the place to do it. Other than that I really don't want to derail this thread here. Wendy split the original thread so you would do best to question her. Beats the heck out of me lieutenant. :)

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
The original TS has not been seen on AAC since 2015, also two or so others have not posted for a couple of years.
That's the reason the Thread topic was 'refreshed'.

Moderation.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
hi,
The original TS has not been seen on AAC since 2015, also two or so others have not posted for a couple of years.
That's the reason the Thread topic was 'refreshed'.

Moderation.
still doesn't clarify why flushing away all the context of previous posts is somehow better than leaving the new post with the previous context, previous solutions, previous proposals that were rejected, previous clarifications and so on. Your answer isn't a reason, just a restatement of a policy.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
This thread has gotten off track and is not addressing the new poster's needs. That poster has started a new thread and replies that are relevant to THEIR discussion should be made there:

https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/newbie-needs-help-led-flashbang-project.190579/

For those wanting some additional information on why moderation of necroposted and hijacked threads is handled the way it is, please see the following:

https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/old-posts-updated-policy.120607/

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
As a December second I will delete all off topic posts. I do not think the TS will be happy with anything produced electronically. You might be able to use a blank has it nail gun to create the bang we're getting a tiny speaker to create that volume will be pretty near impossible. The flash is a lot more doable however since LEDs are cheaper and more powerful than they were seven years ago. I would be glad to help generate such a schematic if the TS wants

Status
Not open for further replies.