Locked L1 is 180 degrees out of phase with L2, hurr dee durr

Status
Not open for further replies.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Yes, by request of the OP I was told. Not surprised.
Too bad.
I think I finally understand the basis for the differences in the views of some of us and the OP's.
Basically it's the need to use a consistent polarity direction for current into or out of a circuit node (in this case the Neutral node).

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Too bad.
I think I finally understand the basis for the differences in the views of some of us and the OP's.
Basically it's the need to use a consistent polarity direction for current into or out of a circuit node (in this case the Neutral node).
Which I said over and over. I specifically asked him to measure the current into neutral. So he produced a simulation with one side going in and the other going out of neutral, which resulted in my resistor flip “trick.”

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Which I said over and over. I specifically asked him to measure the current into neutral. So he produced a simulation with one side going in and the other going out of neutral, which resulted in my resistor flip “trick.”
Perhaps the OP never studied node current analysis or the required convention for that.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
MOD NOTE: Locked.

The TS's question has been fully answered -- the thread was locked pending moderation and the TS then requested that it stay locked.

No purpose served by this thread going down the same rabbit hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.