LM1458 Function Generator in PSPICE

theprincetodd

Joined May 25, 2020
Hello, I'm trying to simulate this in PSPICE but no matter what I try changing it either goes on forever and never gives me the simulation output or it gives me the error of "there are no data values in section 1" (and then the same for section 2). Honestly, I haven't used PSPICE in quite some time and I feel like there's something very basic I'm missing. I think it's the time I'm setting for the transient analysis or maybe the pins hanging off of U1B and U2B? I've never used LM1458 before and I don't know if that could be an issue. And no matter what time I set it still doesn't work. This is my circuit:2020-05-25 19_05_01-OrCAD Capture-[_ - (SCHEMATIC1 _ PAGE1)].png
What am I missing?

theprincetodd

Joined May 25, 2020
Oh wow, the ground symbol really was floating I can't believe I didn't notice that, thank you! But what do you mean there is no relation to the 9V?
I fixed the floating symbol and it gives me a "overflow, multiply" error.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Make a voltage divider of two equal resistors accross the 9 Volts and connect the middle point to your ground symbol.
The resistors can be any value between 1 and 10 K.

Bertus

theprincetodd

Joined May 25, 2020
Hello,

Make a voltage divider of two equal resistors accross the 9 Volts and connect the middle point to your ground symbol.
The resistors can be any value between 1 and 10 K.

Bertus
So I connect the +9V as I did previously, and the same with the -9V but connect the node between the two resistors to ground? Sorry, I'm just trying to see if I understood correctly. I tried this and if the resistors are bellow 1k it gives be the same error as before, and if it's larger than that it says it failed to converge. Except for 900 Ohms which seems to simulate forever.