LiveWave HDTV antenna, is it a scam?

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I don’t know about this product, but I’ve bought several of these from Amazon (for myself and my children) and we’re all very satisfied.

TV Antenna Indoor Digital HDTV Antenna, Lxuemlu 120+ Miles Rang HD Antenna with Detachable Amplifier Signal Booster and 13FT Coaxial Cable​

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I don’t know about this product, but I’ve bought several of these from Amazon (for myself and my children) and we’re all very satisfied.

TV Antenna Indoor Digital HDTV Antenna, Lxuemlu 120+ Miles Rang HD Antenna with Detachable Amplifier Signal Booster and 13FT Coaxial Cable​
Yes, I have a couple of antennas like those. Different brand, but same idea. I'm pretty happy in general although they don't always work as well when the weather is wrong.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
It may work if the transmitter is close but, in general, random lengths and arrangement of house main's wires do not make good UHF antennas.
Rabbit ears would likely work better.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
When colour TV first appeared here in Australia, some enterprising (con) company started selling TV antennas that were anodized different colours. And, in a similar fashion, "Digital TV Antennas" when we went digital, even with no frequency change.

Power line antennas may sometimes sort off work, but Crustchow has it right.