Links missing

mrsajid

Joined Oct 4, 2006
Clipper ciruits, clamper ciruits, voltage multipliers links are missing in allaboutciruits web site. How I can get these topics?

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hi mrsajid,

As noted on the front page,
Please keep in mind that the textbooks are not complete.
You may find missing pages and chapters as you browse. The books are a continuous piece of work, and will be updated over time.
Thanks

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
The missing links which you refer to are part of Volume 3 Chapter 3 "Diodes" which is a few days from being complete and ready for proofreading. Spell check is complete. I need to grammar check it.

Interested in proofreading it?

It can either be released in a temporary location for proofreading, or it could be directly integrated into the master copy. Any opinions from AAC management on which?

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hi Dennis,

I'd be happy to add the new material into the site. If it's integrated into the master copy, I can update it asap.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Just thinking off the top of my head here, but if you wanted to add a <proofread> tag inside the .SML file, I could parse that and display a message along the lines of 'We need your help! This page requires proofreading'.

As for the location of the tag, either near the top of a <chapter>, which would indicate the full chapter requires proofreading, or inside individual <section>'s?

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
I am suprised that anyone uses the .sml file! In any event I will put a <proofread> tag near the beginning of the chapter.

For the time being, I will have my scripts filter it out of the .html and .pdf at ibiblio. Though, in the long run It sounds like a good idea to display the "We need help ..." message that you mention. I will wait and try to copy what you do.

Unrelated, knightofsolamnus has given me final approval on his article.
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=6348
The updated OpAmp CH8 will be posted at the same time as CH3 Diodes.

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
Volume 3 has been updated at ibiblio.org.

Ch1 was proofread by Dave and is complete with a new attenuator section.

Ch2 is completed but has a <proofread> tag near the top of the .sml

Ch3 is complete but has a <proofread> tag in the .sml

Ch8 has a new "Input to output phase shift" subsection by knightofsolamnus. I don't think this chapter is complete.

Ch 9 has some new material but not complete