Linked list Program

Parth786

Joined Jun 19, 2017
I want to be a programmer, no matter how long it take time. I'm trying at my best. I will work hard again to figure out where I am lacking.
The point of all is that I do not have programming knowledge which I have accepted at the forum several times.

I think it takes a lot of time to become a good programmer. I have just started learning. I have to learn a lot . I am doing practice to improve knowledge I never said that I have good knowledge of programming. I probably would not have been here if I had a knowledge of programming. I can never be a good programmer but I can always try to be a good programmer.

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Then you need to stop trying to learn how to be a programmer using the techniques you are using now. Why? Because they aren't working!

Using the approach you are currently using will take you far longer than the number of years you have left on this planet.

Many of us have suggested alternative approaches and you refuse to use any of them and instead come back to the same approach that is repeatedly failing you.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You may also have to face the possibility that programming may not be your thing.

We ALL have things that we have wanted to do (or wished we could do) and have had to admit, at some point, either that we lack the basic aptitude needed to ever become acceptably proficient or that we lack the determination to do so even though we might have the basic aptitude.

I have a laundry list of things that fall in that category. Many are things that come under the heading of, "Gee, if I could be good at that it would sure be nice," to, "Damn, this is really something that I would like to base my career on or my entire personal life away from work." Most I either never pursued or only pursued half-heartedly, but others were things that I put forth a serious amount of effort at and came to a point where I had to make a hard decision and walk away.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Then you need to stop trying to learn how to be a programmer using the techniques you are using now. Why? Because they aren't working!
Using the approach you are currently using will take you far longer than the number of years you have left on this planet.
Many of us have suggested alternative approaches and you refuse to use any of them and instead come back to the same approach that is repeatedly failing you.
+1 I have also told you that, in detail, on the boards and in PM but you still do the same things with the same result. You say you will take as much time as it takes. How about taking all of that good advice from these experienced members so you don't have to spend so much time? You hit a snag over in the UART echo thread but instead of sticking with that problem to get a solution, you are here talking about linked lists and still wondering why you are having so much trouble getting success. Perhaps you jump around so much so that you can tell an interviewer that you have experience with IOT, keyboard scanning, buttons, UART communications, CAN bus, ARM, embedded vs regular C, microcontroller vs microprocessor or any of the many other threads you've started and left before you got anywhere. Worthless effort because you don't stick with any of them long enough to acquire any useful knowledge.

I'm sorry. I don't mean to scold - again. But it is hard to see someone who so much wants to be a programmer and yet so completely ignores what is necessary to get there.

Good luck.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I want to be a programmer, no matter how long it take time.
At the rate you're going, you're not going to get there-- ever. Looking at the discussions you started when you first came here eight months ago and comparing them to ones you've started recently, I can find no signs of any improvement-- none at all-- in your programming knowledge, or your ability to solve problems on your own without help from others, or your ability to stay focussed on a task and see it through to completion. You are still struggling to understand-- largely without success-- the most simple and basic of C programming concepts, same as you were eight months ago.

I'm trying at my best. I will work hard again to figure out where I am lacking.
Instead of working hard, try working smart: people here have told you many, many times that your problem comes from the ineffective, undisciplined, haphazard way in which you are trying to learn-- but you appear to ignore all such advice. Wise up, and accept the fact that what you are doing is not working. As I and others have pointed out repeatedly, you need to completely change your approach to learning.

The point of all is that I do not have programming knowledge which I have accepted at the forum several times.
The problem isn't that you lack programming knowledge; the problem is WHY you lack programming knowledge, which is your poor self-discipline and particularly your unwillingness to stay focussed on a learning task and stick with it long enough to successfully complete it.

Take a look at the threads you've started so far in 2018:

How to embed any script in HTML web page
Website building for internet of things
Automatic meter reading system
Is ARM a microprocessor or micro-controller
Working of UART Communication
getting start with java programming
Programming LCD to 8051
Alternative of TV remote
Building vehicle tracking system
efficient delay function
Passing parameter to function by value
GPS module and NMEA sentence's
no passing arguments but return char type
Logic to reverse string in c programming
interrupt in project
Led blink on Cortex M3
Memory address and vlaue store in loop
Structured and object oriented programming
Digital signal processor and it's programming
Programming languages for embedded system
Linked list Program​

Twenty-one different, unrelated topics in 54 days, jumping around aimlessly all over the map.

Yet in all of this, there is a consistent pattern that I and others have observed: you start tackling a subject but as soon as you encounter the slightest bit of confusion or frustration, you stop trying to master it and instead think of something else to focus on. Again and again and again, and it's been that way for eight solid months. Is it any wonder you're making zero progress?

I think it takes a lot of time to become a good programmer.
No, it does not. For a person who's intelligent, who thinks logically and who has good learning habits, I would expect him to reach your level of knowledge in less than a week. And if that person has had any sort of experience programming in a different language, such as Pascal, Python, Visual Basic, assembly language or anything else, I would expect him to take no more than a couple of hours to reach your level.

What you have been doing so far is not working. You MUST change it, or you'll never learn programming.

Parth786

Joined Jun 19, 2017
Agreed I understood my mistake I went on the wrong way. I am really sorry I will try to complete those old threads right now.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Agreed I understood my mistake I went on the wrong way Now I will try to complete those old threads.
Here's a much better idea: forget those old threads, and concentrate exclusively on learning C. Pick a good tutorial book or two, and follow them through in the order in which the material is presented. Avoid the temptation to distract yourself with unrelated trivia. When you encounter difficulty, FORCE yourself to stay focussed.

Most of what I know of C I learned from two books which I thought were pretty good: C for Dummies, Vol. 1 and Vol 2. Despite the title, as I recall they did a good job of presenting the material and making it understandable.

But forget trying to complete those old threads; they won't help you one bit.

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
Thats probably Parth whole problem He's hung up on the wrong things.

C is C period I been working on C for a bit My hang up is I only used basic and I have a time keeping track of them () {} ;;; LOL

Next problem Micro don't worry about micro if your going to program in C worry about C you can write Code in C see how it works On the computer.

The uC doesn't matter none I've ported every code You posted over to a PIC with just port changes. You'll see to after while that leaning C is the best thing to work on.

Your problem is lack of understanding where things go and how it all works together Don't give up It's not going to happen in a day
But You will get there read the datasheets for the chips read about the parts is how you add the uC nothing more.

But never give up.

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
No, it does not. For a person who's intelligent, who thinks logically and who has good learning habits, I would expect him to reach your level of knowledge in less than a week. And if that person has had any sort of experience programming in a different language, such as Pascal, Python, Visual Basic, assembly language or anything else, I would expect him to take no more than a couple of hours to reach your level.
A lot to it jumping around is a big show stopper. I get on one thing stay till it works and I'm done.

Like stepper motors I wrote code that output the steps but the motor would not run. No the motor was hooked up right hardware not a problem
The problem was I wasn't thinking about the time to change poles I was changing to fast.

Parth want's to test hardware with sim that's great but the sim you use is not much good if you don't lay down the big bucks and own a copy.
Next thing is Keil Use it learn it your missing haft of what it really is good at it has it's own sim that really test your code with your chip as it was made to run on the chip.

You can see the real values the real port changes.

I used mplab 8.47 and wrote code I found on the net for a Intel 8080 They had a sample of how to debug with serial bit bang in C it was more of a outline of how to do it I found it reading some online books from college. I wrote the code in asm it will run on any pic that has a 4 mhz clock.

It took me 2 days I had never wrote a line of C code in my life. ASM and basic was All i new then and html the best thing I learned out of that was how to use the mpsim that came with mplab.

That was 11 years ago. It's like Jeri Ellsworth said In a video get the stuff to try it out.
Secret to Learning Electronics - Fail and Fail Often
You can't just keep saying that don't work cause it didn't when you tried it people here post stuff that works and the only reason it's not for
you is you did something wrong. You got find your wrongs to move on.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I want to be a programmer, no matter how long it take time. I'm trying at my best. I will work hard again to figure out where I am lacking.

I want to be a carpenter but I can barely cut a straight line with a saw so I know I would never make a living at it so I don't even try.

My advise look for something that is hard to outsource. That might sound strange since US companies are hiring cheap Indian labor like crazy. But how long do you think that will last? You can bet that other countries are seeing the trend and gearing up to steal that business from India. It is only a matter of time.

The trades are a good choice. Plumber, electrician, carpenter etc. Or maybe nursing? I wished I had taken my uncle's advice and become a nurse. I would be making a fortune compared to what I make now.

Last edited:

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
Hell I can't see why anyone would want be a programmer LOL I do see I love writing code but I know I'll never make nothing with it.

I just like making stuff for fun. I did this after reading parth post.
somewhere LOL.

I tested the code on a arduino it's fast cheap and you can see if it really works.
And you can use C.

Parth786

Joined Jun 19, 2017
These are the topic I have studied in c programming. I have written the program myself and have verified the result by seeing the program output I have not copied the program. I understand the meaning of each topics and I have written all program myself. I plan to implement my ideas in the program every day
  • Header file
  • keywords
  • identifier
  • printf
  • scanf
  • variable declaration & initialization
  • Data types & size and range
  • int Data type
  • char Data type
  • float Data type
  • enum Data type
  • (signed , unsigned , short long),
  • Arithmetic operator
  • logical operator
  • Rational operator
  • Assignment operator
  • Bitwise operator ,
  • Conditional operator ,
  • Increment & decrements operator ,
  • Control statement (if else, switch)
  • Loop ( for, while )
  • Function & Their types
  • void function (void)
  • void function (argument )
  • Return type function (void)
  • Return type function (argument)
  • Array declaration & initialization
  • Pointer declaration & initialization
  • Structure declaration & initialization
  • Pass by value & Pass by address
  • Global variable & Local variable
Programming exercise

I always try to write new program every day. I am practicing on it. I am just explaining few of them
  • Program to print 1-10 numbers
  • Program for arithmetic operation
  • Program for conditional operator
  • Program for rational operator
  • Program for bitwise operator
  • Program to check true or false condition (if else )
  • Program to check only true condition (while)
  • Program for int Array, char array
  • Program for enum
  • Program for switch case statement
  • Program for pointer
  • Program for structure
  • Program to check positive or negative number
  • Program to check even or odd number
  • program to check Palindrome number
  • Program to check armstrong number
  • Program to find reverse number
  • Program to find largest and smallest number
  • ..and so on
Note : I know this is not enough for c programming. I told several times on the forum that I am doing practicing everyday. These are the simple program I know I have to solve some complex problem and I am doing that. I am not expert yet but I am trying to improve the programming skills everday

My Mistake
: My biggest mistake was that I did not ask the question in a sequence when I wanted to know something, I was curious to know in my mind so I directly asked here.

Last edited:

Parth786

Joined Jun 19, 2017
At the rate you're going, you're not going to get there-- ever. Looking at the discussions you started when you first came here eight months ago and comparing them to ones you've started recently, I can find no signs of any improvement-- none at all-- in your programming knowledge, or your ability to solve problems on your own without help from others, or your ability to stay focussed on a task and see it through to completion. You are still struggling to understand-- largely without success-- the most simple and basic of C programming concepts, same as you were eight months ago.
I am completely disagree here. I have learned the c programming during this time period and have also learned about embedded system.

There are some threads that can not be completed but There are also some threads that I have completed myself

I have been worked with following device successfully
  • LED blinking programming
  • Control LED using switch
  • Control LED using Push button
  • DC Motor Programming
  • LCD Programming
  • Keypad interfacing program
  • Interrupt programming
  • IR sensor
  • Fire sensor
  • Uart (still working on it)
You hit a snag over in the UART echo thread but instead of sticking with that problem to get a solution.
Please look at this thread's ones at the starting https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/interrupt-in-project.145334/page-2

I did my best effort from the beginning to last end. I tried to solve the problem from the last post but I could not do it till last. I tried my best but I did not get any help at last

Last edited:

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I am completely disagree here. I have learned the c programming during this time period and have also learned about embedded system.
Excellent! You've learned C programming and embedded systems so you won't be constantly begging for help anymore, right?

Right... :rolleyes:

I'm done here.

Last edited:

Brian Griffin

Joined May 17, 2013
From my experiences getting interviews-
They are more interested in seeing if a candidate has built a full, functional and/or unique project, and being independent and able to improvise by turning a dire situation to a good outcome. On other occasions, they are interested in seeing if you have joined contests or clubs - these can help sharpening related skills on general programming and technology.

Furthermore, programming skills are mastered when the person learns to take a step back and have different works in between. When I was a teenager reading up the C++ book, I knew some of the concepts that were too far from me, especially pointers, references and topics on polymorphism. As I grow older and have more exposure to other knowledge (music, games and a bit of a rude and nasty college life) I could easily register these tougher concepts without much struggle to understand. Even at those times, we had to formulate what question to ask and how far we attempted at a problem, before we indeed call for help.

Again, as I'm Asian, I've seen many students went to extra classes (we called it tuition) for maths and science related subjects because they want to "predict" questions in the centralized exams, and they want to seek answers from the lecturers instead of thinking over it. This conditioning becomes very hard to undo, and I can empathize the frustration some of the more experiences forum members in helping or teaching the thread op.

miniwinwm

Joined Feb 2, 2018
From my experiences getting interviews-
They are more interested in seeing if a candidate has built a full, functional and/or unique project...
For a new graduate with no relevant job experience the most impressive thing they can do for an interview for an embedded position is get a dev board (only £10), maybe connect a few simple devices or components to it (another £5), and bring it in and demonstrate it. Simple schematics, even hand drawn, and maybe a top level architectural diagram showing the main software components or program flow, and the source code on a memory stick or tablet to talk through.

The project doesn't have to do much - read a pot, control a backlight via PWM and display the read voltage level on a LCD would be fine.

There are three advantages to this for the candidate:

Firstly, it shows that they have an interest, understanding and capability (however minor) in what they are applying for.

Secondly it shows initiative and a self learning capability and ability to do research and use internet resources.

Thirdly, but most importantly and least obvious, it means that the candidate is in effect leading the interview and controlling its direction. (Candidate: "I downloaded a LCD library from...", "I obtained help on the circuit for the LCD backlight from AAC" :), "Would you like to see the source code now?". There's then no time for, and so avoids, standard questions like "what do you think you can bring to this position?", "are you a good team player?", "what are your strengths and weaknesses?".

At the end of the interviews, if only 1 candidate does this among a host of identikit candidates, this candidate will be the one that stands out.

Last edited:

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
I Like Parth he seems like a good guy from talking to him. I think he can reach this goal.

He just needs pointers in the right way LOL and for get about any of this and think about the big picture.

I know not many would understand that But I have seen this lately I started back 11 year's ago and my only programming
language was Basic. I've had limited time to work on this wanted to see my dreams happen still like 2 years to go and kind of let
my dreams go. I got sick 4 years ago and it cause problems with my thinking.
But the uC don't mater the picture I see now is that C is C learn it use it see what it does line by line.

I started with asm for the uC I can program with it I'm not that fastest in the world but I have learn some great things using it
Thats called how to find and use what i read in datasheets and on the net.

Lot of the stuff you find to learn about takes some thinking cause it's sometime just a posted idea not the whole idea.
when something don't work step back and look at whole thing most times you'll see what's missing that way.

Parth needs to use some hardware But like many he see a sim being used and want's to work that way that's great but most
sim are trial software and are only good for limited stuff.

Hardware was cheap for me I got a shop full of stuff when they closed the doors where I worked. I was the repair guy
I keep the power on the motors running things moving computer talking backups rolling.