Light sensor project

akgsh

Joined Mar 22, 2022
Hi,
I am looking somebody who can help to work on a project on light sensor. My application is to detect light emitted from various surfaces under various types of laser excitation.When a low power IR laser hit the surface the surface emits colors from a material that was coated on the surface.The emitted colors are R,G,B and their combinations.In most of the cases the emitted light is very strong.The emitted light has to be detected by the light sensor and if the sensor detect the correct color it should show a GREEN LED button on the device.If no light then a RED led blink.The device has to the pocket type.If it was successfully done,then I need hundreds of pieces for various color detection.
Those who are interested, please contact.
Thanks
Kumar

akgsh

Joined Mar 22, 2022
Hi,
I am looking somebody who can help to work on a project on light sensor. My application is to detect light emitted from various surfaces under various types of laser excitation.When a low power IR laser hit the surface the surface emits colors from a material that was coated on the surface.The emitted colors are R,G,B and their combinations.In most of the cases the emitted light is very strong.The emitted light has to be detected by the light sensor and if the sensor detect the correct color it should show a GREEN LED button on the device.If no light then a RED led blink.The device has to the pocket type.If it was successfully done,then I need hundreds of pieces for various color detection.
Those who are interested, please contact.
Thanks
Kumar
The physics of this idea is not correct, that's why nobody is responding. IR light does not induce florescence.
I am a PhD in Photonics. There are two ways that you can induce fluorescence-the normal natural way of fluorescence is one photon where you excite at higher energy and get fluorescence at lower energy.The second process is called upconversion where we use infrared laser photons to excite at lower energy and get emission at higher energy.This happens only with lasers and it is a two photon process.
see the video here.
http://www.swissrocketman.fr/up-conversion,fr,8,69.html
You can see three cards coated with R,B and G and all are excited with 976nm laser.These are all my products.
I am looking for a light sensor that can detect them.There are hundreds of color combinations and the sensor had to detect them.
thanks
Dr.Kumar

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Wow news to me! thanks!
I knew about all the application development work in the late 1980s but I guess it was theorized in the 1930s and proven in the 1960s - then application work finally started in the 1980#.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-photon_absorption
Specifically the "applications section"
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two...pment_of_the_field_and_potential_applications
But that application section is somehow missing microscopy
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-photon_excitation_microscopy

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Hello there, A belated welcome to AAC!
:)For your consideration.A Color light to frequency converter. Typically used to match paint color at home improvement stores. These are very simple, very common, from a variety of manufacturers.

Attachments

Last edited:

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
That is the way I would go.
But I believe the TS would like it to fit in the pocket of your trousers or pants. :)
Spectrometers have emission monochrometers and detection monochrometers to make sure the absorption loss is caused by the surface being measured. A hand-held surface spectrophotometer like they use in the paint store or even better ones have emission and detection monochrometers matched, then alternately measure a reflective surface "0% absorption" and then the surface still each step through the spectrum. A surface spectrophotometer cannot measure the intensity of any random fluorescence wavelength that is excited by an external laser.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
The emitted light has to be detected by the light sensor and if the sensor detect the correct color it should show a GREEN LED button on the device.If no light then a RED led blink.The device has to the pocket type
Private message me I've built them before for a little company called Raytheon I can build you one and you can copy as many as you like.