Light and sound sculpture

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Down low I would be concerned about prying fingers. What type of stand will the sculpture sit on. It might be possible to use , maybe 4 PIRS embedded it base with 90 deg. spread. Usually I see PIRS's mounted around 7 ft. high.

brian roscoe

Joined Oct 29, 2015
Down low I would be concerned about prying fingers. What type of stand will the sculpture sit on. It might be possible to use , maybe 4 PIRS embedded it base with 90 deg. spread. Usually I see PIRS's mounted around 7 ft. high.
The sculpture will sit on the ground and be built around the sound and light equipment,i wouldn't be to concerned about prying fingers as the pir's could be secured to some timber or something that can,t be moved that easily,but yes they can also go up.So when you say 4 x 90 deg is that to cover 180 deg area,2 for each side set at different distances for example 10 meters and 5 meters.
Why 4 x90's rather than 2 x180's?

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
The 360 deg. PIR listed as 6 m max. range.
Did you ask about TRC Electronics? They have PIRS like TS171, & 70W flood light in white or selected colors, LTFB70W-R-B-Amber-G, non dimmable, no inf. on LEDs or driver, but close by in London.
PIR's do not want to be at ground level so maybe a pole is the answer, 2-180's or more than 2 for overlapping coverage.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
The 360 deg. PIR listed as 6 m max. range.
Did you ask about TRC Electronics? They have PIRS like TS171, & 70W flood light in white or selected colors, LTFB70W-R-B-Amber-G, non dimmable, no inf. on LEDs or driver, but close by in London.
PIR's do not want to be at ground level so maybe a pole is the answer, 2-180's or more than 2 for overlapping coverage.
Is suposed to be TLC- Direct, not TRC.