Li-ion battery charging while in use

Marcus2012

Joined Feb 22, 2015
Hey guys :)

I'm in need of a 12V Battery Pack for a 7" monitor and I've been looking around and I've seen some cheap ones on eBay of course :). Trouble is I don't know much about battery chargers. I've linked one I've found below which has a range of capacities available but my question is can I use this battery while it is charging? Kind of like how you can plug or un plug a laptop charger and it wouldn't affect its operation? Or would I need to add some addition circuitry to bypass the battery when I plug in 12.6V from the mains?

Thanks in advance for your time and advice guys xD

12V 3000mAh Protable Lithium-ion Li-ion Rechargeable Battery + AC Charger 2368

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hey guys :)

I'm in need of a 12V Battery Pack for a 7" monitor and I've been looking around and I've seen some cheap ones on eBay of course :). Trouble is I don't know much about battery chargers. I've linked one I've found below which has a range of capacities available but my question is can I use this battery while it is charging? Kind of like how you can plug or un plug a laptop charger and it wouldn't affect its operation? Or would I need to add some addition circuitry to bypass the battery when I plug in 12.6V from the mains?

Thanks in advance for your time and advice guys xD

12V 3000mAh Protable Lithium-ion Li-ion Rechargeable Battery + AC Charger 2368
There are various safety warnings about charging lithium batteries - they can vent with flaming gas if you don't follow the instructions to the letter.

My DIY E-cig battery uses a shunt regulator adjusted to exactly 4.2V, no problems so far.............

Marcus2012

Joined Feb 22, 2015
There are various safety warnings about charging lithium batteries - they can vent with flaming gas if you don't follow the instructions to the letter.

My DIY E-cig battery uses a shunt regulator adjusted to exactly 4.2V, no problems so far.............

Hey thanks for the reply :)

Yeah I have read that charging methods for Li-Ion can be more dodgy for the amateur/inexperienced than Ni-Cd, this is the main reason why I wanted to be sure this was ok to use while charging. :)