Let's all strive for excellence

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Amen #12. I'm just coming to the end of first retirement winter in Florida. I shoulda done this years ago. Dunno why I waited. :D
You're one of those Damned Michiganders? Get your Gold Edition Cadillac out of the way of my $500 Ford. Some of us are not on vacation! :mad:

But seriously...I hope you picked a less populated area. Florida is a lot better when you can find a parking space.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
You're one of those Damned Michiganders? Get your Gold Edition Cadillac out of the way of my $500 Ford. Some of us are not on vacation! :mad:

But seriously...I hope you picked a less populated area. Florida is a lot better when you can find a parking space.
I'm on my 26th year in the 1990 Ford Ranger. Marion County is bigger than Rhode Island and I have an acre plus.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Talk about $500 Fords! :D

Must look up Marion County, the one in Florida. Last I looked, that was Indianapolis...o_O

Ah...there it is. Ocala and Wildwood. Good choice. :)

Last edited:

tranzz4md

Joined Apr 10, 2015
I suppose Solomon has some wisdom for us that I'm simply forgetting at this moment, but I'd personally say that if there is such a thing as a "dumb question" or "foolish question" it would have to be insincere or dishonest in some way.

If my OP somehow discouraged any questions I apologize.

Treeman

Joined May 22, 2014
I suppose Solomon has some wisdom for us that I'm simply forgetting at this moment, but I'd personally say that if there is such a thing as a "dumb question" or "foolish question" it would have to be insincere or dishonest in some way.

If my OP somehow discouraged any questions I apologize.
What would you like to be asked?

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
After reading the OP, it came to my mind that I never speak on behalf of "us" in any forum. "Let's do this or that..."?, no, never.

And sorry, I do not need an harangue duly preanounced by the title, to participate here.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Some people are just never happy unless they have something to bitch about. Don't get we wrong, I love a good bitch-out from time to time, but I do try to keep it under wraps most of the time.:D

Reading some of the things we say can provide valuable insight in to how the workplace actually works. I wish I had such a resource when I was young and fresh faced, and believed all the BS. I was subjected to the mushroom theory of management.
  1. Keep 'em in the dark
  2. Feed them large amounts of BS
  3. Watch 'em grow!
I'm subjected to that right now. I am not growing. Is something wrong with me?

On topic - since off topic posts do not count, and any question asked in this forum adds value to it, all 3000 posts would be of value.

disclaimer: yes, "solve my homework" has no value, but those members do not last past 10 posts unless they actually want to learn

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I'm subjected to that right now. I am not growing. Is something wrong with me?
No, but you may be a victim of the notion that you have to go along to get along. A good consultant or entrepreneur always has at least two customers. As a salaryman, at the moment, you have only one customer -- your employer. You need to turn your employer into a customer and find another one on top of that. That should keep you occupied for the next couple of years.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
No, but you may be a victim of the notion that you have to go along to get along. A good consultant or entrepreneur always has at least two customers. As a salaryman, at the moment, you have only one customer -- your employer. You need to turn your employer into a customer and find another one on top of that. That should keep you occupied for the next couple of years.
Thanks for advise. I am looking to try and do exactly that. Actually, I am trying to start a business related to my work as i establish contacts and in time i will hopefully be able to also turn my employer into a client as well. Watching longterm developments carefully

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Thanks for advise. I am looking to try and do exactly that. Actually, I am trying to start a business related to my work as i establish contacts and in time i will hopefully be able to also turn my employer into a client as well. Watching longterm developments carefully
If just one person can benefit from my counsel and advice, that will be a suitable reward.