LED circuit with two different light intensities

shiningstar

Joined Jan 20, 2017
I need to make a LED light equipment. The requirement is that the customer needs it to be used in two different intensities. Say 100lux and 10000lux. There can be two cable outs. In other words, when one cable is plugged in, the light should emit 100lux. On connecting the second cable it should emit 10000lux. I cannot use any external device such as resistor box etc.. I need to do the resistor arrangement in the PCB itself so as to get two different intensities. Could anyone help me how to draw the circuit for the same and also the PCB pattern?

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
So elaborate more on what you can do with the cables.

Have they got voltages going into the led box or is it just a switch on the end,?

What voltages / current are you working with.?

What led?

First you should know that a normal Led needs a voltage of 1.5 to 3.5 V depending on colour and semiconductor material.
If you take high power Leds very often this are several leds in series in on pakage; than you need a higher voltage but always
only (pulsed) DC. That leads you need some circuitry to run Leds from the power outled.
You talk about 10000 Lux but it needs also the area which has to enlighted to calculate the lumen to select the Led.
The ratio from 10000 to 100 Lux is very high to use the same Led for both cases - the 100 Lux looks not as a problem.
But how perfect you need the distribution at the target?
One would really need more information than you gave until now.

bulrush

Joined Jan 1, 2017
I've made LED flashlights with a "high" mode and "Moonlight" mode, which barely lights up (to save battery power), and helps you find the flashlight in the dark. I used:
  1. 3 way switch
  2. one 3.3v LED, 20ma
  3. 2 AA batteries which output 3.0vdc, with battery holder
  4. 2 resistors, 90ohm and 10000ohm. The 10kohm make the light dimmer.
  5. voltage booster which boosts voltage to 5vdc.
I just attached the resistors to the switch at different points then to the LED.

Have you ever made an LED flashlight before?
Must the 2 outputs be exactly 100 and 10000lux?

shiningstar

Joined Jan 20, 2017
So elaborate more on what you can do with the cables.

Have they got voltages going into the led box or is it just a switch on the end,?

What voltages / current are you working with.?

What led?
Thank you so much for the reply. Yea..I am thinking to connect 6 LED/ckt. The power supply has constant voltage of 24V.