LED Candle Timer Change

Jaywet22

Joined Jul 19, 2017
Hello all, I am mediocre with electronics and was hoping to get some insight. I bought three candle LED units for my house and I have them all set to the 6 hour timer function. One of the candles shuts off at around 5-5.5 hours and being a bit OCD, it's driving me insane. Is there a way that I can open this candle and add some sort of electronical component to increase the time? Thank you in advance.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Let's see...no brand name or model number, no clue what country you are in or what voltage comes out of your wall outlets, no clues about how the candle is built, whether it looks like a light bulb, or a candle on a candlestick, or a timer with a light bulb stuck in it.

I would start with, "Take the screws out, find the oscillator, and find the right resistor value to adjust its frequency."

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Is there a way that I can open this candle and add some sort of electronical component to increase the time?
Probably not. I binged (moving away from Google) for "LED candle teardown" and this was from the video I checked:

upload_2017-7-19_18-47-39.png
I cropped as much of the hands as I could; so you don't have to look at his hairy hands and fingers... Here's the video if you're curious

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Microprocessor in a glob-top and just about nothing else.
Maybe a different timer crystal, but getting at the MPU is just about impossible, and re-programming it is another improbable goal. What is the frequency of the crystal?