LED Alternating Flash Relay

FendtLad

Joined Sep 18, 2019
Hi all,

I am trying to flash 2 led lights alternately. The setting I have the lights set to is 4 quick flashes then stop. My problem is the flasher unit I have flashes to fast not allowing the lights to work. I have added bulbs to the system to try and slow it down but still way too fast. it's doing about 2 per second and would like it to do 1 every second. How can I achieve this?
My electrical skills end as soon as I open the relay up and this is probably 101 stuff for most of you.

Thanks In Advance

FendtLad

Joined Sep 18, 2019
Hi AlbertHall,

I started with a Narva flasher unit but no success so brought a CEC industries EF30AL flasher unit but still no luck.

FendtLad

Joined Sep 18, 2019
Yes I have had it apart, I forgot to mention this is a 12v system on a ford ranger. Installing lights in the grille

FendtLad

Joined Sep 18, 2019
First guess: double the value of C1.
If that doesn't work, also post a picture of the bottom of the board.
Ok, So that is the capacitor correct? And that means by doubling the size it will take longer to charge up making the flashers slower???

I will get another photo tomorrow.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
That looks like COB -Chip On Board. That us an IC chip without a normal package, bonded directly to the board and covered with a blob of epoxy. Could be a custtaom IC or a small uC.

ak

FendtLad

Joined Sep 18, 2019
The flashing pattern you are trying to achieve is not clear. Do you want 4 flashes, then a pause, then repeat?

ak
So the lights I'm using are the type where you can select 10 or so different flash patterns. The one I want is flash 4 times fast then stop for a bit. I have mounted 2 lights into the grille of a ford ranger. I want the left to flash the 4 quick then stop then the right to flash then stop and so on.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
The flasher in you picture just looks like a car turn indicator flasher. I can see no means of selecting the different flash patterns on it. What have I missed ?

Les.

FendtLad

Joined Sep 18, 2019
The flasher in you picture just looks like a car turn indicator flasher. I can see no means of selecting the different flash patterns on it. What have I missed ?

Les.
the flasher I have allows you to have the wigwag affect. Power in 1 then left and right out the other 2 alternating

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
So are you are saying that the "lights" are not just lights but that contain a electronics that produces the fast 4 flash sequence and the flasher in the picture just alternates between the two "flashing light units" ?

Les.