Learning Intel assembly coding

laguna92651

Joined Mar 29, 2008
I am in the early stages of learning Intel assembly coding, is there a free development tool available that I can use to test out an assembly program. Any other recommend sites or materials that I might use?
Thanks

laguna92651

Joined Mar 29, 2008
Hi Thanks
Did a quick review, it wasn't clear to me, will this tool allow me to write and debug in assembly language? It looks like it is just a high level language programming tool.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Hi Thanks
Did a quick review, it wasn't clear to me, will this tool allow me to write and debug in assembly language? It looks like it is just a high level language programming tool.
Yes, it does assembly language, has debugger too. It is complete suit.

Here is one laboratory assignment I did for that class:

Attachments

laguna92651

Joined Mar 29, 2008
Thanks shteii01,

I'll give it a try. Do you have any of your exercises you could loan me to work through the programming elements. I'm working my way through Intel Micropressors by Brey, it would be nice to work through some "projects". I couldn't read the jpg's you posted. The solutions would be nice also. Thanks

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Thanks shteii01,

I'll give it a try. Do you have any of your exercises you could loan me to work through the programming elements. I'm working my way through Intel Micropressors by Brey, it would be nice to work through some "projects". I couldn't read the jpg's you posted. The solutions would be nice also. Thanks
Same here, Brey, 8th Edition is what we used for textbook.

The thing is, my professor pretty much lectured out of Sing/Triebel's 16-bit and 32-bit Microprocessors, half way through the course I found it in bookstore that sells used books, I did not even know that is where material was coming from until I was looking for some examples so that I could do the homework problem and found exact example that professor gave in class.

My stuff is not really all that useful simply because once we got into PPI we used C/C++ and M$ Visual Studio.

I can sort of muddle through assembly programming, that was good enough to get a B in the class, but I am very far from being any good in it.