learning algorithm

alimash

Joined Oct 12, 2016
hey guys,
i took some programming courses(C++,matlab,assembly);
but i find it hard to write some advanced program because i am weak in algorithm,
so i need to take a course in algorithm,maybe you can give me a reference name or a website that can help me?
thank you in advence

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
hey guys,
i took some programming courses(C++,matlab,assembly);
but i find it hard to write some advanced program because i am weak in algorithm,
so i need to take a course in algorithm,maybe you can give me a reference name or a website that can help me?
thank you in advence
You might be suffering from mythical imprinting. This is the mistaken notion that complex software springs from a mythical source fully formed and operational. Nothing could not be further from the truth. The actual process is called successive refinement. It starts with a divide an conquer approach -- you break the problem down into manageable pieces and you develop them one at a time. If it meets your requirements then you are done. If it has serious flaws then you throw it away in whole or in part and you start over again with a different design.

Learning algorithms is a worthy pursuit, but it is not the magic bullet that you seek,

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
An algorithm is simply the sequence used to solve the problem.
So you first draw a flow chart of what you want the program to do.
Then you should use some form of structured programming to avoid spaghetti-code, and develop subroutines to do the various tasks in the flow chart blocks.
These subroutines are then tied together by calls to the subroutines from the main program.