LDmicro or plcLIB Program: ATmega2560 or any Microcontroller as PLC???

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
Big fan of LDMicro - used it to program a controller for Hakko 907 clone, and a switch debouncer.

Beware of two things: 1) its gpio-related functions are good; 2) pwm generation seems to be buggy.

HighVoltage!

Joined Apr 28, 2014
Not familiar with those Pgm's but I have used the one bit Motorola MC14500B PLC chip succesfully in the long past.
Max.
I'm fairly new to the microcontroller side...I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to PLC programming for small projects. What hardware do I need for this Motorola 1bit as a PLC? I do not know C language. Is there ladder program I can use mate?

HighVoltage!

Joined Apr 28, 2014
Big fan of LDMicro - used it to program a controller for Hakko 907 clone, and a switch debouncer.

Beware of two things: 1) its gpio-related functions are good; 2) pwm generation seems to be buggy.
What hardware do I need for this? What cheap, but good microcontroller can I use with analog inputs and capable of controlling a 120vac motor?

Last edited:

HighVoltage!

Joined Apr 28, 2014
I need analog inputs for a sharp GP2Y0A21YK0F optical IR sensor (Detection distance 10-80cm) to control a 120vac motor. The project I have is to enter a specific height and have the sensor raise or lower the 120VAC winch which carries a block.