LCD Light Tube Power Help

ManuOfficial

Joined Jan 7, 2016
I took apart an old Samsung computer monitor.
I managed to salvage the lighting part of it, and unfortunately I broke the driver behind the monitor while taking it apart.
Now I don't know how to power both the lights on the display. I want to re-use this as a light to do some tracing work.
I have take some pictures which are below this thread, can someone guide me though, on how to power both the lights on the LCD panel.
Thanks.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
This is the Inverter + PSU.

inveter.jpg

Post a good picture from both sides. What you want can be done most of the time.

ManuOfficial

Joined Jan 7, 2016

ManuOfficial

Joined Jan 7, 2016
I can see a crack in the board.
Check if a PCB track is cracked or not
The crack on the board did not go all the way through, just the top layer peeled off. The crack appears to be going under the power chord socket, but does not re-appear beyond it. If you were talking about the crack on the other part of the board where there is a screw hole, it's the same story, the board does seem to bend a little near the screw hole, but the crack doesnot go all the way through. Besides, all the tracks appear to be on the back of the board, nothing is broken.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwMFRcia_rQsZ1EteWVYbWJGWFk

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
3.png

Look at the picture
Connect a 1K 0.25W resistor from 5.1V ( pin 6 and 7) to ON/OFF (pin9)
Mount the board . Remember to plug in the tube cables properly and just Plug in AC. It should turn on instantly

Remember to screw the board as there will be lethal voltage which could do bodily harm

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
You making this difficult.
I said they are the same. 6 or 7. Does not matter you wanna go for 6 or 7.
It works most of the time, if there is no problem with the PSU or inverter