Help Me In Designing Smart LED Tube Light.

Sumitb21

Joined Sep 19, 2021
I want to design a smart LED tube light which can be controlled by using RF remote control. User can change its color from warm white to neutral white to cool white using remote.

Juhahoo

Joined Jun 3, 2019
What is a "smart LED tube"?
Have you checked ready made applications, there are tons of different variations of such device.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I want to design a smart LED tube light which can be controlled by using RF remote control. User can change its color from warm white to neutral white to cool white using remote.
Do you know anything about electronics? Anything about RF? Anything about programming? In other words, define "help".

Danko

Joined Nov 22, 2017
Factory New Product Smart Wireless Wifi CCT Color Temperature Control Dim T8 18-19W 4ft 1200mm T8 LED Tube Light
$5.50/Piece, 1 Piece (Min. Order). You can buy and reverse engineer it.

"WIFI Control T8 LED Tube (CCT Control & Dimming) is one of the innovative smart lighting products for indoor usage. The product uses a TUYA module attached to the LED driver as the WIFI receiver and signal control center. With WIFI coverage, control distance could be infinite. We can use smart device such as pad and mobile phones to connect the device. Customer could choose to use the TUYA Smart APP offered by the module producer, or use upgrade patches to make your own smart device control APP compatible to the TUYA module. The product is certified by TUV and SGS with CE, RoHS and ERP and SAA.

As a smart lighting tube, the product could support several smart functions. First of all, the APP could control the on-off of the tube light, as well as setting up time schedule for time working period. Besides, it allows stepless control of brightness of the tube, from 0 to 100%, and so as allowing color temperature changing from 0-100%, which is equivalent to a CCT range from 3000-6500K. There are several predefined lighting modes of customized brightness and color temperature setup specific to scene such as reading or dinning. The APP also allow group control functions to easy management of multiple smart devices."

Sumitb21

Joined Sep 19, 2021
Factory New Product Smart Wireless Wifi CCT Color Temperature Control Dim T8 18-19W 4ft 1200mm T8 LED Tube Light
$5.50/Piece, 1 Piece (Min. Order). You can buy and reverse engineer it.

"WIFI Control T8 LED Tube (CCT Control & Dimming) is one of the innovative smart lighting products for indoor usage. The product uses a TUYA module attached to the LED driver as the WIFI receiver and signal control center. With WIFI coverage, control distance could be infinite. We can use smart device such as pad and mobile phones to connect the device. Customer could choose to use the TUYA Smart APP offered by the module producer, or use upgrade patches to make your own smart device control APP compatible to the TUYA module. The product is certified by TUV and SGS with CE, RoHS and ERP and SAA.

As a smart lighting tube, the product could support several smart functions. First of all, the APP could control the on-off of the tube light, as well as setting up time schedule for time working period. Besides, it allows stepless control of brightness of the tube, from 0 to 100%, and so as allowing color temperature changing from 0-100%, which is equivalent to a CCT range from 3000-6500K. There are several predefined lighting modes of customized brightness and color temperature setup specific to scene such as reading or dinning. The APP also allow group control functions to easy management of multiple smart devices."
This is what i wanted to design. There several other ready-made products in market but i wanted to develop my own.

Sumitb21

Joined Sep 19, 2021
Do you know anything about electronics? Anything about RF? Anything about programming? In other words, define "help".
HELP IN THE SENSE, I WANT GUIDANCE IN DESIGNING A CIRCUIT WITH THE FOLLOWING APPLICATIONS.
1) CCT CHANGE WITH REMOTE AND MOBILE APP
2) DIMMING USING REMOTE AND MOBILE APP.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
HELP IN THE SENSE, I WANT GUIDANCE IN DESIGNING A CIRCUIT WITH THE FOLLOWING APPLICATIONS.
1) CCT CHANGE WITH REMOTE AND MOBILE APP
2) DIMMING USING REMOTE AND MOBILE APP.
Which part do you need help with? Have you figured out the color change in a wired system snd only need help with the remote/app part?
do you need help with the color change as well?
Do you know how to wire LEDs?
Do you know how to design a circuit board?
Can you program microcontrollers?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
An engineer working for a company wanting to produce a product like what you are trying to make would do several things.

First, market research which would mean looking at the competing products already on the market and evaluating the feature set and price points. This would also involve purchasing examples so they can be examined for function and design, and to look at the chips and circuits the engineers who designed them chose to use.

This reverse engineering is way @Danko was referring to. If you get something similar to what you want to make and begin to reverse it, it will do two things:

1) Give you a sense of the complexity and difficulty of the project, and;
2) Provide you with actual questions about accomplishing it that you can ask here to get help.

As it is, you have a vague specification with no information about which way you might choose to go about it. You are asking people here to fulfill the role of engineer on a personal project which is more easily resolved with a very low cost purchase. The latter is not really a problem, if you want to build this for your own satisfaction that's completely OK.

The former, however, might rankle many people who could, and would, be otherwise helpful if you showed up with a plan and/or with pointed questions about parts and subsystems rather than a product description and a general request to design it.

It's worth thinking about.

Sumitb21

Joined Sep 19, 2021
Which part do you need help with? Have you figured out the color change in a wired system snd only need help with the remote/app part?
do you need help with the color change as well?
Do you know how to wire LEDs?
Do you know how to design a circuit board?
Can you program microcontrollers?
I HAVE A SCHEMATIC OF THE PROJECT WORKING WITH APP. IT WORKS WITH APP SMOOTHLY. I WANTED TO ADD A REMOTE TO IT TO CHANGE COLORS AND TO DIM LEDS. IF ONE DOESN'T HAVE WIFI WITH HE CAN OPERATE IT WITH THE REMOTE.

Attachments

Sumitb21

Joined Sep 19, 2021
An engineer working for a company wanting to produce a product like what you are trying to make would do several things.

First, market research which would mean looking at the competing products already on the market and evaluating the feature set and price points. This would also involve purchasing examples so they can be examined for function and design, and to look at the chips and circuits the engineers who designed them chose to use.

This reverse engineering is way @Danko was referring to. If you get something similar to what you want to make and begin to reverse it, it will do two things:

1) Give you a sense of the complexity and difficulty of the project, and;
2) Provide you with actual questions about accomplishing it that you can ask here to get help.

As it is, you have a vague specification with no information about which way you might choose to go about it. You are asking people here to fulfill the role of engineer on a personal project which is more easily resolved with a very low cost purchase. The latter is not really a problem, if you want to build this for your own satisfaction that's completely OK.

The former, however, might rankle many people who could, and would, be otherwise helpful if you showed up with a plan and/or with pointed questions about parts and subsystems rather than a product description and a general request to design it.

It's worth thinking about.
I HAVE GOT AN SCHEMATIC OF THE PROJECT WHICH WORKS WITH WIFI/APP. I JUST WANT ADD REMOTE TO IT. TO PERFORM ALL ITS FUNCTIONS.

Attachments

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Sir, i don't know where to add RF receiver in the schematic. So that all the functions will be performed using remote. Please help me in that.
Do you know what the various chips on the schematic do? Do you know what the ESP12S is? Do you have access to the code?

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I HAVE GOT AN SCHEMATIC OF THE PROJECT WHICH WORKS WITH WIFI/APP. I JUST WANT ADD REMOTE TO IT. TO PERFORM ALL ITS FUNCTIONS.
I am honestly not sure if you know everything or know nothing about electronics. A schematic for the LEDs is stone simple. The remote is the more complicated part - and then one more step of complication is if you want battery operated and you don't want your battery to die every few hours.

So again, tell is a little about your skills so we don't have to type a few semesters worth so basic electronics.

Sumitb21

Joined Sep 19, 2021
Do you know what the various chips on the schematic do? Do you know what the ESP12S is? Do you have access to the code?
The IC's in the schematic are from BPSEMI. ESP 12S is a wifi module which connects with your wifi to give commands to the driver. I don't have the code for the same.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
It looks to me like the BP5926 is a dual channel brightness controller which is controlled by a single PWM signal. I have tried to find a datasheet on the BP5926 but failed to do so. I can't think of a way that a single PWM signal can control 2 channels. I would think finding that information is the first step in the design process.
Although you say you want to design it it sounds more like you want someone else to design it but you then want to build the design. Am I correct ?

Les.