Lazer Blaster Ray-gun Sound

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by mtonge, Dec 6, 2016.

1. mtonge

Thread Starter Member

Apr 19, 2016
    This picture must be older than that. Currently, it has a solar panel mounted on the steering post. When I first joined AAC, I posted questions about a solar charging circuit for the tractor battery. I completed that project, but it doesn't work very well. I think all I really need is a diode between the panel and battery. The circuit I submitted in that earlier post limits the current too much for the deep cycle, 6v tractor battery.

GopherT likes this.
  2. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    Next time please click the Report button at the bottom line of the message box then we will know, thank you.

3. mtonge

Thread Starter Member

Apr 19, 2016
    The 555 projects book is great. It has some good examples of how to drive a low impedance speaker, so I added one to my project for much better sound.

LazerBlaster_schem_updated013017_schem.gif

Also, I hacked a laser pointer (like the kind you annoy your cat with) and switched it with the LED that runs off the mono-stable timer. Now the Lazer Blaster really has a laser.

4. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    @mtonge
    Can you post a video clip on youtube and a link here so we can hear it?

shortbus likes this.
  5. mtonge

Thread Starter Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Here is a video demo of the circuit:

shortbus and GopherT like this.
  6. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    Sounds like a laser blaster. Or, if you close your eyes and listen, it sounds like a $3 remote control car stuck in the corner of the kitchen.

Bernard likes this.
  7. mtonge

Thread Starter Member

Apr 19, 2016
    My wife wants me to turn it into an alarm to keep the cats off the counter.

GopherT likes this.