Latency in Bluetooth transmitter?

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I would like to connect a Bluetooth transmitter to my TV to send the audio to a nearby Bluetooth speaker. Should I expect there to be a noticeable discrepancy between the mouths of the people in the video and the sound from the Bluetooth speaker? If so, is there a way to avoid or correct for that? Secondly, is it possible to pair more than one Bluetooth speaker with the same Bluetooth transmitter? Thanks.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I would like to connect a Bluetooth transmitter to my TV to send the audio to a nearby Bluetooth speaker. Should I expect there to be a noticeable discrepancy between the mouths of the people in the video and the sound from the Bluetooth speaker? If so, is there a way to avoid or correct for that? Secondly, is it possible to pair more than one Bluetooth speaker with the same Bluetooth transmitter? Thanks.
There is no noticeable lag.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I watched a movie on my Chromebook and sent the audio through the Chromebook's Bluetooth xmtr to a Bluetooth speaker; the audio was slightly behind the video. I am concerned that a Bluetooth xmtr dongle connected to the TV audio will have even more latency.