Lamp base dimensions for G23 lamp question

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I have a UV-C lamp in my heating duct for sanitizing the air stream. The lamp was installed 3/6/2020. This morning I took a look to see if it was functioning. It's not. I need to replace the lamp. I think I found what I'm looking for but I'm not sure if there's a significant difference in bases for lamps. I THINK what I want is a G23 style lamp. Before I buy I'd like to be sure. I have the old lamp in hand and can measure pin diameters and spacing as well as the plastic support structure. I haven't been able to find out much information on it at all. I've tried searching for G23 lamp bases and found very little information; mostly overall dimensions for mounting screws and base width, but it doesn't specifically address pin diameter or spacing - or the plastic block that inserts into the base.

If anyone knows where to find that info, it would be appreciated.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Thanks bertus that's very helpful. I've been searching and have found the sort of lamp base I need is the GX23 style. Looking at my drawing, there are two tangs for gripping in the light socket. The single type won't fit. The GX23 is more expensive, double in price over the G23. Don't know why - but it is what it is.

This is what I'm ordering.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Just got some good news; the company who installed it covers the lamp for 1 year. It hasn't been a full year, so they're coming out and going to replace it no charge.

The agent stated they need to check the unit (base / ballast) to make sure that isn't what failed. That's a good thing because I don't know if it's working properly. The only thing I can say for sure is that one set of filaments has completely disintegrated. THAT bulb will never light again.