KYX-B10BGYR LED color array 10 segment

VernonLS

Joined Oct 9, 2019
I ordered these LED COLOR ARRAY 10 segment devices, but when they arrived there was no way to tell pin 1 from pin x. There was no marking of a dot or anything recognizable except this number printed on the side of the 20-pin dip KYX-B10BGYR. After a bit of careful testing with a +5v supply and a 680 ohm series resistor I was able to determine the current flow direction for the LED diodes. If you hold the dip with the printed side facing you, pin 1 appears to be on your left and the current flows from pin 1 to pin 20 on the opposite side. I went thru and marked my devices as you can see it the attached photos. Why in the dickens the chinese don't mark these devices beats me.

Forgive my crude printing and diode marking, but at least I think it is clear. IMG_1820.JPGIMG_1818.JPGIMG_1819.JPG

VernonLS

Joined Oct 9, 2019
OH, I forgot to mention that pin 1 color appears to be blue or blue-green. Pin 10 is definitely red. I did not test the rest of the pins & colors.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Why in the dickens the chinese don't mark these devices beats me.
Even parts manufactured in China typically have datasheets that will allow you to identify pin 1 (which is typically in the same place for all DIP packaged devices) and pin function.

It would be unusual to label pin function on the packages.

Package/pin info for an HP LED array:
1575742454540.png

Last edited: