Kylie Jenner BILLION dollar company, yeah right

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
I don't follow this crap or her filthy but rich family. Nor do I know anything about makeup or it's true cost, or rip-off prices.

No way is her make-up company a billion dollar company. Think how huge the stock-piles of chemicals would be, and factoires, and employees.

Even if on paper they hyped it and set the price themselves, it's madness. News papers are "reporting" this as truth, and now saying she sold her shares or something, for $600 Million. No way can that be true either.

More like her stupid crap is not selling, so they are ditching it while they can

I can't believe I'm wasting time on this, but it's just so un-believable.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I wish that family would just go away. I think she claimed she was a self-made billionaire. Being the child of Bruce (now Caitlyn) Jenner and Kris Kardashian probably gave her opportunities that another attractive woman without famous parents wouldn't have had.

It'd be more impressive if she didn't come from a privileged background.

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
Forbes even listed her as 1 of the richest and youngest women. What a joke.

She certainly isn't very educated, such a role model.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Forbes even listed her as 1 of the richest and youngest women. What a joke.

She certainly isn't very educated, such a role model.
The characterization by Forbes would appear to be accurate.

Education isn't a primary requirement for attaining great wealth. Bill gates, one of the richest people in the world, is a college dropout. Some people inherit great wealth. Some acquire it through illegal or unscrupulous methods. Some gambled and got lucky.

In Kylie's case, she had beauty, initiative, family connections, and possibly other factors that she used to her advantage. Good for her. She could just as easily rested on her family's laurels and waited to inherent money. Whether you like her or not, she is attractive and has parlayed that into becoming a successful business person with great wealth. Bravo for her.

I still wish the family would go away.

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
no way does she have that much money, assests, or anything, how cooked would the books have to be, for a make-up company, by a reality TV show girl, have to be, in order to get anywhere near $600M or a Billion dollars. It has to be PR

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
no way does she have that much money, assests, or anything, how cooked would the books have to be, for a make-up company, by a reality TV show girl, have to be, in order to get anywhere near $600M or a Billion dollars. It has to be PR
She was one of the early adopters of social media. Back in the day, 2 million hits meant $250,000 a month in click revenue. It's lower now, but she has a lot of followers. Advertisers and companies pay her big bucks just to promote something on social media.

Don't begrudge her her success. By any definition, she has become a successful business person. Forbes estimates wealth through publicly available documents. It could be +/- 100%, but who cares. Gates is worth around $100 billion. Who cares if it's really $90B or $110B. It's more money than most people will ever obtain. I'm happy for him. With great wealth comes great responsibility. He has probably given away more money than any Walton (Walmart, Sam's Club) heir inherited. They (Walton's) pretty much just count their money instead of doing good. I apologize to them if I'm unaware of their philanthropy.

Last edited:

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
The are a lot of $ Billion companies in the San Francisco Bay Area that aren't really worth anything. UBER is supposedly worth #5 Billion, but it hasn't turned a dime in profit. Tesla is another corporation with a hyper-inflated value. This "Paper Wealth" syndrome is a breeding ground for another financial meltdown and it will be a lot worse than 2008.