Kwh meter

paulmars

Joined May 13, 2010
Hi all,i need a kwh meter to record power used on a 26a 240vac kiln. It does cycle off and on & has different heat settings. so i cant just use 26a x hrs.

I see so many electronic meters for sale and none really have a lot of reviews. Priced from 10 to 25$ and more. Are they any good? Which ones?

So I decided to just buy one of those used mechanical house mtrs and box,but that will cost me 75 to 100$. Which is probably overkill.

Any thoughts? I prefer one i can reset to zero every month, but might settle for one that i cant .

I don't need one w\ an app. It will just hang on the wall and record kwh used. Simple.

p

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
I have something like this permanently wired into my domestic electricity supply – the kWh usage figure is surprisingly close to that of the supplier meter.

It also displays a number of other useful measurement parameters.

Note that it uses a closed current transformer (to measure the current), which will require the supply wire passed through the transformer ring.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/35465326...Rx45EAIObooIKAeCGXjj|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2047675

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
The unit is powered from the mains supply (L-N) which is one of the measured values.

The unit I have is different from this one, having a blue back-lit LCD display. I have mine located close to my consumer unit, with the main incoming phase conductor passed through the current transformer, and the backlight always on.

I’ve had it running continuously for about 3 years – but to be honest it’s just a novelty, giving an instantaneous reading of V, A, W, and cumulative kWh for my home.

paulmars

Joined May 13, 2010
The unit is powered from the mains supply (L-N) which is one of the measured values.

The unit I have is different from this one, having a blue back-lit LCD display. I have mine located close to my consumer unit, with the main incoming phase conductor passed through the current transformer, and the backlight always on.

I’ve had it running continuously for about 3 years – but to be honest it’s just a novelty, giving an instantaneous reading of V, A, W, and cumulative kWh for my home.
Maybe a novelty but running for 3 years and matches the supplier meter is what im looking for.