Kindly help with this querry!

Anirudh Sharma

Joined Mar 11, 2016
what is the difference between a SPN RCBO and a double pole RCBO...
It is actually confusing me and the proper answer could not be found anywhere..
kindly help me...

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Once you tell us what "SPN RCBO and a double pole RCBO..." mean surely you can come up with a better subject title for your thread.

prof328

Joined Apr 15, 2016
Probably spam as he didn't look very hard at all, in one minute I found the following :

RCBO (Residual Current Breaker with Overcurrent)

The following terms are sometimes used to describe the manner in which conductors are connected and disconnected by an RCD:

• Single-pole / SP / one-pole - the RCD will disconnect the energized wire only.
  • Double-pole / DP / two-pole - the RCD will disconnect both the energized and return wires.
  • 1+N and 1P+N – non-standard terms used in the context of RCBOs, at times used differently by different manufacturers. Typically these terms may signify that the return (neutral) conductor is an isolating pole only, without a protective element (an unprotected but switched neutral), or that the RCBO provides a conducting path and connectors for the return (neutral) conductor but this path remains uninterrupted when a fault occurs (sometimes known as "solid neutral"),[2] or that both conductors are disconnected for some faults (such as RCD detected leakage) but only one conductor is disconnected for other faults (such as overload).[3]

Anirudh Sharma

Joined Mar 11, 2016
Probably spam as he didn't look very hard at all, in one minute I found the following :

RCBO (Residual Current Breaker with Overcurrent)

The following terms are sometimes used to describe the manner in which conductors are connected and disconnected by an RCD:

• Single-pole / SP / one-pole - the RCD will disconnect the energized wire only.
  • Double-pole / DP / two-pole - the RCD will disconnect both the energized and return wires.
  • 1+N and 1P+N – non-standard terms used in the context of RCBOs, at times used differently by different manufacturers. Typically these terms may signify that the return (neutral) conductor is an isolating pole only, without a protective element (an unprotected but switched neutral), or that the RCBO provides a conducting path and connectors for the return (neutral) conductor but this path remains uninterrupted when a fault occurs (sometimes known as "solid neutral"),[2] or that both conductors are disconnected for some faults (such as RCD detected leakage) but only one conductor is disconnected for other faults (such as overload).[3]
Sir,

With Due Respect,

Thank you for your reply, it was convincing, but i have yet another doubt,
if it is a 1P+N then how is the differential current detected,
if it is just as a DP RCBO then i can co-relate that only the phase trips and
neutral is just an isolator.

Kindly clarify,

Thank you.

Anirudh Sharma

Joined Mar 11, 2016
Sir,

Can you please explain the working of an electrical and a mechanical interlock,
both in manual and remote changeover of power for a MCCB or any LV switchgear.

Genuine interest to know the working principles of electrical engineering

And i am not a spam sir... :)

Thank you,
Anirudh.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Sir,

With Due Respect,

Thank you for your reply, it was convincing, but i have yet another doubt,
if it is a 1P+N then how is the differential current detected,
if it is just as a DP RCBO then i can co-relate that only the phase trips and
neutral is just an isolator.

Kindly clarify,

Thank you.
With a 1ph (L1 + N) the GFCI detects the difference in current between the L and N if ground current exists from the L to GND.
Need more info as to the type of equipment you want to interlock?
Electrical and mech. interlocks take many forms.
Max.

Anirudh Sharma

Joined Mar 11, 2016
Sir,

TY for your reply...

Last friday i was going through a SLD which had this interlock between an EB supply and the DG supply,
they were interlocked between two 250A MCCB,
so wanted to know how it would work..
And Sir if you share any learning manual or link would be great..

Regards,
Anirudh