Kids Elctric car

Well I got a new board and it still does the same thing. Runs for 10 to 15 feet then the wheels stop dead wait 30 seconds and away you go. Incidentally I noticed that the forward reverse switch on the car and the high low switch doesn't do anything either. Help please my grandson is driving me crazy!!!lol
You have not specified the model, unless I missed it. In any event, in an earlier post, you said that you found a breaker near the battery. It seems that some of these have more than one breaker - at least according to a post here http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3865

If you have a vehicle that runs for a short period, and then stops, and starts again:.......There are commonly breakers somewhere else on the vehicle also. Some Power Wheels vehicles have one next to the throttle pedal. Some Peg Perego's have one in the Bus Bar under the switches.

It does still sound like a breaker, just maybe not the one that you found.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Yup that worked as well
I suppose you have arrived at this already.
The battery and motors are fine. This leaves these possible suspects.

1) The controller board (but you have already swapped in a new one).
2) A cut-out mechanism somewhere not on the controller, battery or motors.
3) A bad switch or foot pedal speed controller.

Again, photos would be a big help.

6Hammer8

Joined Jun 19, 2018
You have not specified the model, unless I missed it. In any event, in an earlier post, you said that you found a breaker near the battery. It seems that some of these have more than one breaker - at least according to a post here http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3865

If you have a vehicle that runs for a short period, and then stops, and starts again:.......There are commonly breakers somewhere else on the vehicle also. Some Power Wheels vehicles have one next to the throttle pedal. Some Peg Perego's have one in the Bus Bar under the switches.

It does still sound like a breaker, just maybe not the one that you found.
Sorry its a s2588 2 wheel drive 24 volt side x side.