k8055 usb experiment interface board

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Hi All, You can communicate with this board in C++. Since arduino is based on C++ I wonder if someone can give me code for connecting to this board and then doing something simple like read the analog inputs.
It may be that there is already an example of this somewhere? I have stored the dll in the windows folder which also contains system32 files.

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
Is there anything useful at this download site?

https://www.velleman.eu/support/downloads/?code=K8055

They give some C++ examples, you would have to convert that to Arduino.
The DLL you have is probably just a Windows application DLL, and may not be of any use to an Arduino setup, as the Arduino cannot access Windows DLL for system calls within the code itself. The Arduino code is meant to be uploaded to an Arduino board/chip, which has no access to Windows when running.

I think this DLL was written to protect their proprietary code that is used with the PIC processor on that board. Basically, that board is made for a Windows environment with a proprietary DLL.

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Is there anything useful at this download site?

https://www.velleman.eu/support/downloads/?code=K8055

They give some C++ examples, you would have to convert that to Arduino.
The DLL you have is probably just a Windows application DLL, and may not be of any use to an Arduino setup, as the Arduino cannot access Windows DLL for system calls within the code itself. The Arduino code is meant to be uploaded to an Arduino board/chip, which has no access to Windows when running.

I think this DLL was written to protect their proprietary code that is used with the PIC processor on that board. Basically, that board is made for a Windows environment with a proprietary DLL.
In the manual there is an “overview of functions.” This seems to be a coding to interface with the k8055 board. Further up in the instructions it says that this is done in C++. I have downloaded turbo C++ and the coding is nothing like it.
Does anybody know where I can obtain the coding that is used in “overview of functions” and how to use it on my pc.
I need to be able to use this coding to communicate with the board. I suspect it may be in the k8055D.DLL file. However I cannot open it.

Attachments

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
That old board has been abandoned under Windows. I have a few that operate using the current Linux system DAQ driver.