Just passed EMI/EMC

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
I went through a week of EMI/EMC testing for our product. I had 16 dB of headroom at the worst frequency! The device has DC brushed motor pump, several DC-DC switch converters, BLE, several 32 MHz micros and runs on AC and internal battery. It was quite an interesting process, the susceptibility wasn’t as interesting to watch since we just wait for results.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
There's a digital camera (haven't seen one in a while), a floppy disk drive (even longer since I've seen one), a corded mouse (another relic)... and you were wearing jeans when you took the pic... very interesting

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
The place has been around for 35 years, the digital camera is to upload test set ups for the reports. That Rhode & Schwarz is still impressive floppy and all. Did you notice, up to 26.5 GHz? They pulled a rope under the table to turn the EUT around while testing. The place is in Wisconsin away from all the RF noise we normally see in Chicago. Jeans and a sweater!

rsjsouza

Joined Apr 21, 2014
A VNA/SpecAn with a floppy is not uncommon, at least on the labs that I work. Also, give me a corded mouse any day, especially on a fixed desk and on a potentially RF susceptible environment. :cool: (I love corded mice)

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Congratulations...you must have done everything right.

As someone who has spent countless hours watching a product going round and round on a turntable, I have to hand it to you. It could have easily been a lot tougher.

One a Logitech rep gave me a wireless mouse. It kept falling off my desk because there was not cord to constrain it.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Yes sir! Using best practices, even when not needed, has paid off!

We kept checking to make sure the device was still on, it was at maximum! He kept checking his gear. Everything was calibrated correctly. We could clearly see the 400, 800-900 MHz bands, and others, which were much higher.