Junk Removal Tool

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Well I have not found one that "Kills all known germs"
So another one is always welcome, and jrt was recommended by a tech news-service I subscribe to.

It did find the tarma installer (not a welcome program) on my pc and some stuff on another W7 one.

I like ADWcleaner, Hitmanpro, SuperAntiSpyware amongst others.

But I will keep evaluating it.
It certainly has done no harm.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Be warned that obtaining jrt or other stuff from the CNet link in Bertus post may involve you in also getting stuff you didn't want if you click the wrong button.

CCleaner is a different sort of program, very useful to run before a virus scan ( you do run these regularly don't you?) as it can greatly reduce the scan time.

stormbay

Joined Dec 25, 2014
Never had any junk programs, software, viruses or bugs since started using open source 10 years ago, Never run into anyone else using linux that has had any need to remove junk, as they don't get any. The company I work for was forever combating junk, attacks an viruses as it works with lots of USA based business and they ate over flowing with it. Since they switched to linux about 7 years ago, our IT costs have dropped to almost zero and never experienced any form of junk, worms, viruses or attacks. They recently got rid of the last windows PC, because of the never ending problems with 8.1 and the increased stream of junk coming through it, XP wasn't to bad, but since every release has got worse.