JUly 4th Reminder About Fireworks

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I posted in the past about how to experience a fireworks display.

I was lucky enough to get under a fireworks display. I was able to

feel, taste and see the fireworks above me. What it takes is being

near a parking garage ,where they shoot the fireworks from the top

level. If you have to watch from the shore ,when they set the fireworks

off on a barge. So if your town is using a parking garage ,you have

a chance to have a great experience. You have to park early before

they block off the traffic, you have to be inside the zone early. Pack

watching snacks , don't get caught with open beer. This is a special

thing if you can pull it off. The sound is much different, if you don't

understand ,you are looking at the fireworks under them ,not a half

mile away at a different angle. It would help if you knew a fireman

working the event. Its special or I wouldn't waste your time.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Well to you and the rest of the US members. Have a happy 4. July. And if a cop caught you with an open beer can during fireworks. I hope he/she is not the kind that goes off like a firecracker

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
No, more like BOOM and then a jail house room ,in the name of protecting you from

your self ,they would never do it to spoil your fun--ONLY TO PROTECT YOU.

What Is your fireworks holidays.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
If you're in California, remember:

SHOTSPOTTER

anything goes off that makes a boom, and the cops will be at your front door in about two minutes.:eek:

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012

SHOTSPOTTER

anything goes off that makes a boom, and the cops will be at your front door in about two minutes.:eek:
Wow, two minutes!?

I guess the level of normalcy is different down here...a loud boom and....people just go about their business. Without people screaming, no one pays any attention...

SHOTSPOTTER?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012

SHOTSPOTTER

That's quite an exaggeratoin, don't you think. What fraction of California is even covered by ShotSpotter? Even if the localization and dispatch is instantaneous, how many cops would be required to respond to any location within about two minutes? What is the response time for a call to 911? Bet it is seldom as low as two minutes.

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
That's quite an exaggeratoin, don't you think. What fraction of California is even covered by ShotSpotter? Even if the localization and dispatch is instantaneous, how many cops would be required to respond to any location within about two minutes? What is the response time for a call to 911? Bet it is seldom as low as two minutes.

Unless it's in the parking lot of Dunkin' Donuts.. :D

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I went to the fireworks display at the State Capital this evening. Half an hour before they were scheduled to start, a big storm hit, rained us out. Not even sure if the fireworks were ever set off. The main street was starting to flood, I'd be surprised if the fireworks themselves weren't destroyed. Anyway, I decided to leave after the rain started, not to bother waiting to see if the show was still on.

Getting up bright and early tomorrow for the parade, though :)

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Well to you and the rest of the US members. Have a happy 4. July. And if a cop caught you with an open beer can during fireworks. I hope he/she is not the kind that goes off like a firecracker
Drinking beer is illegal? :eek:

Is that in the constitution?

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
That's quite an exaggeratoin, don't you think. ///Bet it is seldom as low as two minutes.
OK, so it might take them ten minutes.... so what? They have triangulated proof of location so you get arrested five minutes later.

Happy?

http://newark.patch.com/groups/poli...lps-detect-celebratory-fourth-of-july-gunfire

http://www.shotspotter.com/news-and-events/news/police-plan-use-shotspotter-new-years-eve

http://www.shotspotter.com/news-and-events/news/oakland-police-taking-more-guns-street

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
never happen here in the uk-if u need them its next day sometimes unless they arent busy-maybe if not stuck in mcdonalds.....

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
"According to ShotSpotter, the system is accurate to 25 meters (82 feet) or less -- far less than the length of a typical city block."

That accuracy would be okay in a neighborhood of single family residences on one-half acre lots, but my guess is that more shots come from far more densely populated areas.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Not a shot spotter question...a city fireworks display.

If you get there before they close streets you are in.

Unless you stand and wave Your arms im here.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012

SHOTSPOTTER

That kind of technology, is nothing less than a true "Police State".

It used to be Patriotic, and expected....to fire off a few rounds at New Years, Fourth of July, even Christmas.
What happened to the real MEN, in this Country?:confused:

This once great Country, is now afraid of its own shadow.

Kids who grow up nowadays, will have a friggin' cop put them to bed, and get them up and ready for school....everyday. The parents, have turned into pantywaists.