I've messed up the wiring in a halogen oven.

Finless

Joined Sep 29, 2019
Hi, I'm a brand new and shiny member of AAC and I apologise if this the wrong type of forum to ask for help with domestic equipment wiring.

I was attempting to replace the halogen light in an oven (big glass bowl type) and what should have been a simple swap over has now become a “I don't have a clue”.

My first mistake was to not take picture of the wiring.
Second was to not pay proper attention.

Anyway, there were three CE connectors and whilst fiddling about I ended up with loose wires and I now don't know what to connect to where.

I have searched the internet for help/info and whilst there are many items on YOUTUBE I can't get to see the wiring and what goes where.

Any advice would on what/how/where would be gratefully received.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
Oven make/model?
Sharp pics of the connectors/wiring would be helpful. (Use the 'Upload a file' button, if the site allows it).

Finless

Joined Sep 29, 2019
This what I have now. I have no confidence in the wires in the yellow cable tie and the two wires from the halogen lamp are not present (removed the lamp to protect it).

The thing with the “?” in the picture is internal only.

I guess it should be fairly simple ...... there isn't much there?

5F63A06E-0782-4BB7-B078-C41B2B8ECBC3.jpeg

Last edited:

Finless

Joined Sep 29, 2019
There were 3 CE connectors (2 * CE2 & 1 * CE5) and I have undone the two that accepted the wires from the halogen light. I did only undo one at a time to start with and then my mind went blank. I can't believe that I did that .... complete brain freeze!

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
The reds are power the main blue is neutral, after that it's unclear, I suggest you separate them and take more pictures so we can see where they lead, the bits are easy you have a Micro Switch which I haven't seen how it's activated, which is in series with the timer, which leads to the Temp, on the other side of the timer you have a fuse, as @Alec_t said the thing is a fan motor, the bundle leading to the LED needs to be separated as well as the zip tied wires in the center if we can see those we may be able to piece it together.

kv

Finless

Joined Sep 29, 2019
The reds are power the main blue is neutral, after that it's unclear, I suggest you separate them and take more pictures so we can see where they lead, the bits are easy you have a Micro Switch which I haven't seen how it's activated, which is in series with the timer, which leads to the Temp, on the other side of the timer you have a fuse, as @Alec_t said the thing is a fan motor, the bundle leading to the LED needs to be separated as well as the zip tied wires in the center if we can see those we may be able to piece it together.

kv
Thank you for your reply.

Sorry about the delay in my replying to you but I've been away / I'll 'get on it' ASAP.