I've got a problem with something I downloaded

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Reading acronis material. Can someone explain this statement:
What are you making sure is created before its created?
I believe he said, "Don't store your backup copy of C: on the C: drive."
That makes sense. If the C: drive has a virus, it might get into the Acronis image.

I put my backups in a different partition or on some DVDs.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I move my data to a folder on the network drive. I have backups of my financials on both the network drive and a SD card.

The network drive is a good investment.

malewarebytes and Norton 360 work out fine for me.

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
Just on the subject of back ups, I have seen so many approaches to backing up that fail when really needed I keep it simple and back up the 64GB pen drives using xcopy or rsync (I don't back up the OS or Applications, only data) and keep these away from the house, i.e. in one int the car, one in the garage and I roughly attempt to rotate which one I back up to.

As an example many years ago I worked somewhere where the back up of the mail server had got to big to fit on a single tape so someone wrote a script that backed up folders starting with A to L to one tape and folders N to Z to another tape.

The raid controller on the server went down and corrupted most of the disks in the RAID 5 array, only then did they find that everyone's email was in a folder starting with M

tom_s

Joined Jun 27, 2014
and another yesterday at clients - popups, adverts, chrome, ie, (and surprise) firefox.

got the current combofix (@bleeping computers) and that fixed the browsers issues.