It's Santa Hat Time!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
If you guys can fit a hat on this avatar have at it. Wow another year, hard to figure. Since I have no clue what to wish everyone, even though I grew up with Merry Christmas my new phrase rather than a Happy Holidays is Have a Cool Yule. Much like Happy Holidays it applies to everyone. I just want all my friends and family to enjoy a safe and nice holiday season or winter solstice. Actually I like the winter solstice up here because slowly but surely we start the turnaround for daylight. :)

Ron
it would help if I knew what the avatar was based on, a potential first draft. Is it a stargate?

temp.png

AAC Avitar.png

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
It's the headstamp of a rifle? cartridge. Can't quite make out which cartridge.
Sam nailed it. It's the cartridge headstamp of a Remington 416 Magnum and I did a semi transparent overlay of some of the same cartridges vertical. :) I made it maybe 15 years ago and thus the name Reloadron. I no longer even can find the original image so maybe after the holidays I'll make a new one. Nice guess Wendy, good job, and very good call Sam.

Ron

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Awesome work, Wendy! I agree, there’s much you can do with Paint.

I’m having a tough time. Holiday expectations are a source of major conflict. There is a disconnect between my daughter’s expectations and me ex’s manipulative personality. Today is a difficult day for me

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Awesome work, Wendy! I agree, there’s much you can do with Paint.

I’m having a tough time. Holiday expectations are a source of major conflict. There is a disconnect between my daughter’s expectations and me ex’s manipulative personality. Today is a difficult day for me
Just try and take things easy. Don't let holiday stress get to you. Just try to kick back and enjoy. I know too many people that when the holidays roll around, as they do every year, just get too stressed out. Relax, you will get through things.

Ron

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
While I still can't draw a person worth a crap. I am moderately good at basic graphics, the offer for anyone that would like their avatar modified is still open. For that matter if anyone would like a custom avatar I would be glad to help.

After all drawing schematics is just graphics along with the protoboards.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Some stores try to cater to all religions including no religion by never saying Christmas, instead they say Holiday.
I always say Merry Christmas because that is what the majority of people on my continent say, not Happy Holiday.
I also make Easter Greetings.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Same here, I hate the PC phrase "happy holidays". I'd rather sincerely say Merry Christmas, or Happy Hanukkah or whatever... instead of catering to the PC police...

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Same here, I hate the PC phrase "happy holidays". I'd rather sincerely say Merry Christmas, or Happy Hanukkah or whatever... instead of catering to the PC police...
There is no PC police for many of us. I say Merry Christmas without apology to those I know. To people I don’t know we’ll enough, I might say Happy Holidays in respect of any differences that may exist between us. Not because I’m canceling Christmas. Because I respect people.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
There is no PC police for many of us. I say Merry Christmas without apology to those I know. To people I don’t know we’ll enough, I might say Happy Holidays in respect of any differences that may exist between us. Not because I’m canceling Christmas. Because I respect people.
And I agree with everything you've said. I would never smother a "Merry Christmas" in someone's face with the purpose of making them feel un-included if they're belong to a different faith.

I just expect as much respect as I give in return.

Respect is a two-way street. But some people seem to have have forgotten that important detail, and in their twisted sense of equality expect others to believe in nothing and everything at the same time. Either that, or keep their thoughts and beliefs to themselves. As if theirs were the only ones that counted.