It's middle night now

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
A little headache. Don't want to sleep. A little blue:confused:
How about you now?

Do you think marriage is one of the most hard thing in the world?
with close to 100,000 people evacuated and many homes extensively damaged, we are happy to have come through Calgary's flooding without a scratch. Downtown core to over a million people is shutdown with weeks ahead before recovering. Many have had no sleep for a few nights now.

On a side note, marriage is only hard when you give yourself away to someone else. Stay the course, happiness is your responsibility.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Sorry if I am slow. But why in first place would it be expected to drive a USA made car in japan with windows down. Even if it had climate control:confused:
Roads in Japan are like the UK, steering wheel on the right, drive on the left.

This reminds me why there is no automobile tunnel connecting France and the UK, the lane one the right when entering the tunnel as you leave the UK was a waste of effort since it would never get used!

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
A little headache. Don't want to sleep. A little blue:confused:
How about you now?

Do you think marriage is one of the most hard thing in the world?
Yes.
I'm on the second one, but about to celebrate 20 years.
It's been pointed out that it takes two. You won't have much success if you think you are going to change the other person to fit you're 'ideal' mate.
"Don't sweat the small stuff." very true....

I must post this link, I feel its very enlightening:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You got it. Women wouldn't solve the problem if all they had to do was pull the nail out of their forehead. They don't want the problem to be solved, they want to talk about it, and talk about it, and talk about it. They don't want you to be a problem solver. They want you to talk about the problem, but never DO anything about it.

You can either get OK with that or don't try to be in a long term relationship with a woman. If you are already "in", learn to listen and listen and listen, then congratulate both of you for "making a lot of progress" and walk away without doing anything to fix the problem. A woman with nothing to complain about is a woman that is leaving. Do not put them in a position where they have nothing to complain about.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Women don't want you to be a problem solver. They want to solve problems together. That's how it should be in a real realtionship, both working together to come up with solutions that are ammenable to both parties. Not this, "I'm a problem solver, and I decree this to be the solution", BS. And yes, it does require excellent communication.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I tend to agree with that. Woman collaborate together, that is why they like to talk with each other so much. Men like to lead, or follow a leader. I think it is genetic, part of our early survival mechanisms.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
They don't want the problem to be solved, they want to talk about it, and talk about it, and talk about it. They don't want you to be a problem solver. They want you to talk about the problem, but never DO anything about it.
Actually, they want you to listen as they talk about it and have you sympathize and validate their feelings.... if you make a suggestion about actually addressing the problem, you will be in big trouble.:eek:

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Women don't want you to be a problem solver. They want to solve problems together. That's how it should be in a real realtionship, both working together to come up with solutions that are ammenable to both parties. Not this, "I'm a problem solver, and I decree this to be the solution", BS. And yes, it does require excellent communication.
Sounds good, but not so true. I have been married 33 years. It drives me nuts when my wife goes on about the problems at work because she will NEVER take any action to address the problem, just keep collecting the injustices. Men do want to fix things, women seem to desire to nurture problems because they wouldn't have anything to talk about without them.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Brownout takes the first point and moves into the lead in this game of, "what do women want". His point was earned by getting a female to click "thank you" (1Chance) earlier today!

Honorable mentions to several others for making me laugh in front of my wife as I read previous posts. My wife then read the string of posts and agreed with most. My life is greatly simplified since she is an engineer.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Easier said than done. We've been married for 24 years and I still can't get it right.

Thanks for the video, tubeguy. I laughed till I cried. So did my wife and kids.