Its a small world (cliche I know)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Me too, I usually go on Saturdays, twice a month. BG Micro is 10 miles out now (was 2 miles before they moved). Most southern American cities are pretty spread out, we're just getting a decent mass transite system in Dallas with the addition of light rail.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Me too, I usually go on Saturdays, twice a month. BG Micro is 10 miles out now (was 2 miles before they moved). Most southern American cities are pretty spread out, we're just getting a decent mass transite system in Dallas with the addition of light rail.
Yeah, thats the point I'm making, your land is large and sparse whereas in the UK if you drive for more than 6 hours you have most likely covered one end of England to the other. I have an 80 mile round trip to and from work every day and people are amazed when I tell them, yet we have family in Canada who think nothing of 80 miles.

On the original point, I get all my bits on-line. I only really buy bits at work and that is how we order part and equipment.

Dave

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
In some parts of this country ... like the Oklahoma Panhandle, people drive 125 mi, one way, to do shopping in the big town of Amarillo, TX ... which is where I drove to the nearest electronics store that wasn't a radio shack.

And yes, I made it an all day trip.

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
I only have one electronic store near me (not too near actually, a 30min drive), called J.B. Saunders. The prices are a little too much, but I'm glad the money is going to a good cause.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
In some parts of this country ... like the Oklahoma Panhandle, people drive 125 mi, one way, to do shopping in the big town of Amarillo, TX ... which is where I drove to the nearest electronics store that wasn't a radio shack.

And yes, I made it an all day trip.
You see, for Brits to travel that far we would have to be going on holiday!

Dave