It wasn't me :(

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
It was a beautiful afternoon so I went out for a bike ride. I was on one of our local bike trails. When I am on the bike trail I like to listen to the radio.

The news came on and they announced someone in PA won the Power Ball. I suddenly became paranoid as I had a ticket in my wallet. On the way home I was thinking of what I was going to do with the ticket. I of course would sign it first thing. I then started figuring out what to do with the money. First thing I was going to do was set aside a million for my mom so she would have the care she needed. I would come off cheap with her as she wouldn't want 24/7 care and wouldn't want to move/. ;)

I got home carefully opened my wallet and removed the ticket. I went to the PA Lottery site and started carefully comparing the numbers. Not one match. Not even close. :mad:

I just wonder who it is? I bet it is Gopher. Lucky bastard. ;)

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The research on lottery winners is both compelling and chilling. It ruins their lives about 90% of the time. I hope for his sake that it wasn't him, but he didn't need to win the lottery to do what he has always enjoyed doing. I kinda won the slow lottery but it took me over 40 years.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
The research on lottery winners is both compelling and chilling. It ruins their lives about 90% of the time. I hope for his sake that it wasn't him, but he didn't need to win the lottery to do what he has always enjoyed doing. I kinda won the slow lottery but it took me over 40 years.

I would like to try to be one of the 10%. ;) Actually I am a good candidate. I have no family except for my mom. No ties. I could pretty easily disappear with that kind of money.

But I would be very happy if I just walked away with $500K to $1M. It would put the seal on my retirement savings and I would likely be able to retire early as I can no longer stand my job. I am actually considering making an internal change. An opportunity has come up with my old boss that I really liked. Plus he wants me for the position. The new job would likely only be as painful as sticking a needle in one eye as opposed to both. :)

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
When I started to hate my job in late 2013 I knew it was time. Continuing to work at under those condition is like trying to climb up an unattached rope.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
It was a beautiful afternoon so I went out for a bike ride. I was on one of our local bike trails. When I am on the bike trail I like to listen to the radio.

The news came on and they announced someone in PA won the Power Ball. I suddenly became paranoid as I had a ticket in my wallet. On the way home I was thinking of what I was going to do with the ticket. I of course would sign it first thing. I then started figuring out what to do with the money. First thing I was going to do was set aside a million for my mom so she would have the care she needed. I would come off cheap with her as she wouldn't want 24/7 care and wouldn't want to move/. ;)

I got home carefully opened my wallet and removed the ticket. I went to the PA Lottery site and started carefully comparing the numbers. Not one match. Not even close. :mad:

I just wonder who it is? I bet it is Gopher. Lucky bastard. ;)
OMG, that was seriously funny and speaking of Gopher where is he anyway?

Ron

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
When I started to hate my job in late 2013 I knew it was time. Continuing to work at under those condition is like trying to climb up an unattached rope.

I am too old to really move on. Only 6 years left till my retirement. I guess I can stick it out. The new job should not be as bad and I really like my old boss plus I know and like a number of people on his team. It won't be near as challenging but maybe I need that for my last few years.

I really should have left the company years ago when they cut our benefits. I haven't calculated it out all added up but it has to be at least what amounts to a 5-10% cut in salary. Funny they are always telling us about the bonus we get for bringing in new people. I wouldn't go through with collecting on that bonus even it meant bringing in my worst enemy. ;)

It used to be a really good place to work but has gotten progressively worse over the years. What really gets to me is all of the cheap Indian labor they insource and outsource. It is going to bite them in the ass one of these days. I can only hope I am retired and divested of any stocks I own once that happens.