ISO Copper Clad FR4 (5mil + 1/2oz copper)

gfreeburn12

Joined Jun 15, 2018
Hi everyone! I'm very new to this forum. I work in a research lab and am in search of some raw material for one of our processes. I'm having no luck finding this material from any common suppliers that I've found online.

I am looking for:

5mil fr4 1/2 oz copper single side
5 mil fr4 1/2 oz copper double side
10 mil fr4 1/2 oz copper single side
10 mil fr4 1/2 oz copper double side

If anybody has any leads or known supplier that could get this for me, please let me know. I appreciate your help with this!

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Welcome to AAc.

How do you suppose one doubles the copper thickness and keeps the weight the same? Some unheard of, low-neutron isotope of copper?

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
How do you suppose one doubles the copper thickness and keeps the weight the same? Some unheard of, low-neutron isotope of copper?
I think he is looking for really thin material.

I believe I have seen material that thin on ebay. I think it is that thin to make multi-layer PCB's.

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
These sizes are usually core material. Perhaps if you told us why you are looking for material this size (which may not be available in these exact sizes), maybe we can offer alternates.

gfreeburn12

Joined Jun 15, 2018
Please excuse my ignorance with the lingo. I don't have a background in Electronics. My thought was there could be a material where the total copper weight for double sided could be equal to 1/2oz (1/4oz per side?). We used to get 5 mil double sided from Injectorall, but they seem to be closing.

The application is microrobotics. We need to save weight where possible, but we use piezoelectric actuators that need high voltage. We use laser rastered photoresist ask a mask to protect the copper from ferric chloride etching.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I have quite a bit (by hobbyist standard) of double-sided, probably 1/2 oz copper FR4 that is very thin and flexible. I made some DIY multi-layer boards with it and for shielding RF enclosures. I was hoping the TS could give some more meaningful specifications.

How much does he need? What size (mine are full panels). What overall thickness? And most important, where does it need to ship?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015

gfreeburn12

Joined Jun 15, 2018
Size isnt so important. We cut to the size we need, and laser cut more intricate shapes.

I'm not sure, i would have to check if our purchasing department is able to purchase from an Ebay seller.

We are in Boston.